Reservation Agent (Moxy Tokyo & Osaka)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 170014XV
Job Category Reservations
Location Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho, Tokyo, Tokyo-To VIEW ON MAP
Brand Moxy Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
- Accommodate and document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Determine the most appropriate room type to meet guest requirements and maximize room rate.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers.
- Describe room accommodations and benefit feature sale amenities to guests.
- Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations, including personalizing calls, obtaining complete guest needs, suggesting alternate dates or directing guests to sister properties on sold out days.
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
- Assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and clearly relay this information to callers, giving them the option of emailing and/or faxing these numbers.
- Identify guest reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information, including enrollment in Marriott Rewards program.
- Follow “up selling” techniques and sales strategies in order to maximize property revenue.
- Identify repeat guests using appropriate codes.
- Inform guests of rules and regulations regarding qualifying rates (e.g., government and special corporate rates and discounts).
- Input and access data in reservation system by entering correct information into proper fields, including Marriott Rewards number, and asking for travel agency IATA and FIT numbers (i.e., flags, comments, guest messages).
- Verify availability of room type, rate, and occupancy before confirming any reservations.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
- Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system.
- Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required
No supervisory experience is required