Junior Sous Chef - Banquet Kitchen
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17000TPJ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily objectives in the kitchen. Assists in leading staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high demand times.
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Supporting Culinary Team Activities
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Monitors employee's progress towards meeting performance expectations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Supports and assists with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages foo
d and supply inventories according to budget.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.