Senior Security Engineer - SOAR
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20031637
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Serves as a Security Automation and Orchestration (A&O) engineer for automation and content creation tasks to develop and integrate security A&O solutions. Leverage knowledge of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events and incidents to develop and implement automated processes for information systems and networks. Responsible for deploying and configuring Phantom and Splunk products. Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future security requirements. Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent experience/certification
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- 5+ years of experience in some or all of the following:
- Incident Response or Security Operations Center (SOC) teams
- Phantom and/or Splunk products
- Scripting or programming language, including Python in a security operations capacity
- API development and integration
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Current information security certification, including Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Broad exposure to a wide range of IT security technologies, including Phantom Cyber
- Technical leadership in a sourced environment
- Project management
- Technical infrastructure operations, administration, or engineering
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Demonstrated experience in Linux and networking
- Writing and developing Python scripts
- Troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude
- Security Operations Centers, Incident Response, Architecture / systems engineering
- Provides support, oversight, governance and tactical direction related to A&O security services that are required to enable the delivery of IT services. Designs, develops, and implements dynamic Cyber defenses and leverages Cybersecurity solutions to deliver security A&O services, including automated threat hunting, contextual enrichment through threat intelligence, situational awareness of network and system intrusions, security event and alert prioritization, and incident response actions.
- Provides input to the overall A&O security services architecture, governance model.
- Provide technical oversight, standardization and validation of the effectiveness of A&O security systems.
- Participates in efforts on researching, designing, and implementing security are components that are standards based, high performing, highly available and secure in delivering the required business functionality.
- Educates internal and external users of security technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how best to operate and support the technology and security services.
- Collaborates to develop and integrate custom A&O playbooks, use cases, and workflow integrations across A&O and Cybersecurity Open Source and COTS products and platforms.
- Develops highly extensible, scalable, and secure Cloud-based A&O services that can be adopted and integrated in a wide range of Cybersecurity use cases.
- Contributes to a culture of excellence in technical security threat management and incident response.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of security service products.
- Supports governance based on best practices and facilitates proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
- Supports analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Supports analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on security services architecture.
- Supports Solution and Domain Architecture by providing current environment status in terms of technology, software and infrastructure for projects in the delivery life cycle
- Utilizes capability modeling to align systems strategy and planning with business strategy and goals.
- Consults with project teams to identify when it is necessary to modify infrastructure and security services to accommodate project needs.
- Consults with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure and security needs.
- Participates in the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
- Supports, implements and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes and practices.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects.
- Supports existing systems and projects in a minimum of one environment.
- Reviews completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Participates with the Service Provider in planning and coordinating implementation, reviewing quality control of systems functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation.
- Provides input to support desk change management efforts as it relates to support and training of new system
- Coordinates with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Provides consultation for routine systems development
- Ensures early warning to the leadership regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from various sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
- Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.