Sr. Project Manager - Global Information Security
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20030337
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Delivers a project on time, within budget, while meeting Marriott’s expectations. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of department security projects, individual work streams, or releases within a major systems implementation program so that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Shares responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit. Verifies that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Monitors project activities.
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology project management across diverse application areas and technologies
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent experience, or certification
- PMP Certification
- Graduate degree.
- Project Management Certification
- Demonstrated record of managing internal and external projects from inception to successful implementation
- Solid understanding of current technologies with the ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies
- Ability to align change management strategies with project
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to resolve complex and difficult issues
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Directs the work of project team, including other project managers on a project-by-project basis.
- Identifies and deploys resources required for projects.
- Functions as escalation to project teams to resolve issues.
- Collaborates within the Global Information Security team and across the enterprise to facilitate project completion
Managing Projects and Policies
- Performs Information Technology (IT) project planning, including identifying and developing goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identifications of risks, contingency plans, allocation of available resources, and deliverables to meet business need.
- Serves as liaison with business unit, Plan and Run teams.
- Develops high-level business requirements including cost estimate for a project to determine whether the project is justified.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to monitor project(s) so that they progress on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required.
- Informs the appropriate team members of project status and related issues.
- Interfaces with vendor(s) for programs under direct control.
- Manages project risks.
- Develops and tracks business case, including total process cost.