Payrolled Flex Staff (NE) Temporary M Live Digital Content Specialist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20022114
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This is a temporary position.
HOURS: 7:30AM – 3:30PM M-F
This is a rare opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment as the role is part of the “M Live” organization at Marriott International’s Real-Time Command Center. It is a real-time environment surrounded by marketers, producers, and social media content creators. The M Live Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for content curation to connect with our Next Generation of Consumers at Marriott International relying on analytics to drive strategic decision making.
Education and Experience preferred
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders
• Experience working hands on with social listening platforms and Boolean query creation (i.e. Sprinklr)
• Experience using social media platforms, engagement, and analytics
• Experience a plus in Adobe, PowerPoint and MailChimp
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
1. Identify social conversations that may impact brand reputation, build ad hoc Boolean queries, create current events dashboards, and issue M Live Alerts to cross-functional stakeholders regarding these conversations
2. Create and build the M Live Round Up working across stakeholders that highlights and explains team project work to executive leadership
3. Maintain good travel dashboard displays which power the M Live Command Center
4. Assist in the execution of real-time trending content creation for distribution on social media channels
5. Leverage Sprinklr, as a social media listening tool, to identify reputation brand management topics as well as creating Boolean query as needed within Sprinklr
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal and external partners/stakeholders.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Leverages social media tools and new platforms that help to amplify social media real time content
o Strong understanding and use of social media (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Weibo, Snapchat, YouTube, and other emerging technology)
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.