Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021708
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Manager, Hotel Transitions will support the successful execution of providing support to transitioning hotels across all Marriott International brands in the Americas with a focus on Hotel Terminations and Hotel Relicensings. This position will partner with key stakeholders i.e. Legal, Development Asset Management, Marriott Business Services, Owner and Franchise Services, and other stakeholders in the transition process including the hotel level teams executing the transition. Coordinate transition efforts with subject matter experts for key disciplines (Engineering, IT, Revenue Management, Global Sales) and Area VP/Account Executives. Support is provided remotely through email, webinars, and conference calls to hotels undergoing a management/ownership change. Support brand integrity and ensure positive brand recognition.
JOB FAMILY CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Hotel Relicensings [Multi-unit project management (60-80 annually) and overall process management]
- Conduct introduction calls to review the Management Transition Support program
- Coordinate initial contact and email notifications to owner/managers regarding the Management Transition Support program
- Facilitate conference calls to review the EID creation process, ADID transition and business application registration for the incoming management company.
- Audit and remove access for key business applications.
- Review BSA process, standards, thresholds and accountability with management company.
- Train on Land-it system, inclusive of updating, resource location, overall functionality with management company.
- Coordinate with the Credit Card Ops team on the transition of the hotel’s Merchant IDs
- Schedule Operations trainer for Brand Operations training, issue travel releases, update OASIS, and track billing.
- Schedule Sr. Manager, Sales and Marketing for Sales and Marketing Transition Meeting, issue travel releases, update OASIS and track billing.
- Discuss property expectations with trainers.
- Facilitate the transition and/or creation of SFAWeb/OneSource licenses.
- Communicate with Marriott’s Global Sales on the proper action steps to transition the hotel from their service.
- Educate the hotel management team on the Marriott Bonvoy program
- Create users within Empower for the transitioning hotel.
- Transfer myLearning profiles from exiting management company’s EIDs to the incoming management company’s EIDs
- Complete Transition screens in OASIS 2.0 for workload tracking
- Process billing submissions
- Maintain, distribute, and update all electronic documents and websites pertaining to transitions.
- Champion transition related directives and strategies and educate all applicable stakeholders.
- Execute and communicate annual revisions of FDD, brand standards, and Quality Assurance program.
- Monitor Transitions mailbox and delegate tasks to Senior Managers as necessary
- Retrieve OASIS reports for Management Transitions Support program on a weekly basis
- Identify transition support needs and provide process/document recommendations.
Hotel Terminations [Multi-unit project management (10-20 annually) and overall process management]
- Manage system exit process including brand integrity, guest service, and data management to ensure Marriott managed and Franchise managed hotels are removed from the system.
- Manage all facets of transition developments, including process communication, transition timeline, communicate to all departments associated with the transition, inclusive of Customer Engagement Centers, Property Systems Support., area cluster/shared service teams, Area VP/Directors and Account Executives.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure removal of Marriott proprietary systems.
- Coordinate a Marriott representative for deflag hotel exit walks – secure resource, explain program, and expectations.
- Facilitate communications and the process within Marriott regarding divestitures, closing of sales and reservation systems, guest notifications, shared services, removal of proprietary items, energy contracts, and data requests.
- Partner with Marriott Bonvoy Redemption Department on the reimbursement process for redemption reservations for post hotel exit. Inclusive of guest communication, certificate ordering, process review with the hotel management, assist with inquiries regarding reimbursement for the hotel.
- Assist with due diligence requests and coordinate with MBS, Owner Reporting, Revenue Management, Marketing & eCommerce, and Marriott’s Global Sales Organization
- Ensure all social media channels are either disabled or de-identified from the exiting Marriott brand. Inclusive of and not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google My Business, LinkedIn.
- Partner with Marriott Legal to ensure exit steps are legally compliant. Inclusive of obtaining and reviewing a Termination Agreement for any special terms and engaging legal regarding any process issues and non-compliance of the exit process by the hotel management team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders assigned to process transitions (Legal, Information Resources, Revenue Management, Global Sales Team, Customer Care, Marketing & eCommerce, FOSSE, FSPMS, Lightspeed, eChannels, MARSHA Reservation Team, Credit Card Ops, Micros, Finance, Contract Compliance, Social Media).
Fairfield Inn to Fairfield Inn Suites Conversions [Multi-unit project management (1-5 annually) and overall process management.]
- Coordinate trainer arrival and communication with the hotel by enhancing, maintaining, and enforcing existing process of trainings with the hotel.
- Prepare follow up documentation for Authorization to Convert. Monitor until completion is verified.
- Assume the role of “transition” trainer as needed for F2F transitions
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Approximate travel – 20%
JOB SPECIFIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Negotiate issue resolution.
- Strong Project Management skills, able to manage several projects at once.
- Strong Process Management skills.
- Possess excellent owner relationship skills.
- Complete working knowledge of Marriott systems: MARSHA, FOSSE, FSPMS, Lightspeed, OneYield, MRDW, Outlook, GuestVoice, Empower/GXP, LandIt, Mobile Guest Services, OneSource/SFA Web, Digital Learning Zone, EPIC, Identity Center, SNOW, OASIS, QA Website, etc.
- Demonstrate technical skills; must be computer literate and familiar with all Microsoft applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of brand standards across all Marriott brands, job descriptions and culture.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of pricing and yield management.
- Understand Quality Assurance, Marriott Bonvoy programs, etc.
- Integrate and interpret various sources of information.
- Maintain excellent consensus-building, persuasion, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exhibit effective public speaking and presentations skills.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Actively support the development, training and mentoring of associates.
- Manage the "quality" process in areas of guest service and associate satisfaction.
- Establish measure and monitor associate learning processes.
- Ability to manage upward, ability to lead and influence change.
- Effectively communicate to several levels of the organization.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Exhibit effective listening skills and willingness to resolve issues in a positive manner; encourage diversity of ideas.
- Skills to negotiate a win-win outcome.
- Demonstrate account management skills across an organization.
- Strong hotel/ market experience and/or knowledge with a familiarity of Marriott lodging products/ brands/ hotel operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years Hotel Operations with room operations experience preferred