Director, CEC Operations Analytics
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20021167
Job Category Reservations
Location CEC Omaha, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott’s Customer Engagement Centers (CECs) provide global customer service, reservations, and loyalty program support across voice, email, and chat channels. Operations performance management at the enterprise level is required to identify and pursue thematic opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Key focus areas include absenteeism, unproductive time and adherence, handle time (including hold time, transfers, and referrals/outbound calls), and customer experience. This will directly result in improved capacity to service our customers’ needs.
The Director, CEC Operations Performance is responsible for the ongoing performance improvement activities that are cross-site in nature (i.e. outside of individual performance coaching). This role oversees the monitoring of performance trends, conducting root cause analysis and prioritization of key opportunity areas, development and tracking of action plans, and ensuring results delivery. Successful candidates for this role will have deep experience in operations and performance improvement activities, including analytics, process improvement, use of technology, and project management, with extensive knowledge of call center operations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Operations Performance Strategy
- Lead the design and oversight of operational performance reporting, in coordination with the Workforce Management and Analytics teams
- Develop comprehensive performance framework to identify key areas of operations inefficiency and size opportunities to drive value
- Conduct research, along with Analytics and Quality, to identify and prioritize opportunities based on analysis, focus groups, and other qualitative and quantitative data
- Work across a broad stakeholder group (including Operations, Quality, Analytics, Workforce, HR, Finance, and Technology) at the leadership level to align organization on priorities
- Lead, with Analytics, regular, focused performance management reviews with Operations to identify key opportunities and prioritize efforts to improve productivity
- Develop roadmap for addressing opportunity areas, and align broader CEC supporting activities and new initiatives to the roadmap
Operations Performance Project Leadership
- Design project plans, charters, business cases and success criteria for continuous improvement operations projects/initiatives and champion for their approval within the CEC
- Design change management plans for implementation of new operations performance projects, to encourage successful adoption within the CECs
- Build execution plans spanning operations, change, workforce management, knowledge management, training content creation, training delivery, quality assurance, HR, strategy and technology to ensure successful deployment for initiatives
- Build cross-functional teams to support projects, ensuring the right resources and skills are represented
- Provide leadership and direction to projects, including focus on efficient delivery
- Accountable for successful tracking and delivery of benefits
Operations Performance Continuous Improvement
- Create and maintain documentation for key operations performance processes across geographies and teams
- Refine existing operations performance processes and workflows, working closely with the PMO and Deployment team to drive successful implementation
- Collaborate with senior CEC leaders, Business Analytics, Operations, and Strategy to identify need areas for improvements in work processes
- Nurture and develop capabilities within the broader CEC organization to support operations process improvement and design
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or Operations, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in call center operations or a similar function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Minimum of 4 years of process improvement experience; experience with Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology is preferred.
- Significant experience managing project or operations budgets
- Experience in designing persuasive business cases and estimating contact center workforce impacts.
- Experience in enterprise project management; PMP Certification preferred.
- Some travel required
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.)
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.