Senior Legal Secretary - GLS and NA/Lodging Op
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20020554
Job Category Administrative
Location Starwood Above Property, One StarPoint, Stamford, Connecticut, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International, Inc. is the world's largest hotel company based in Bethesda, Maryland, with more than 7,200 properties and 30 brands in 134 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses branded residential properties. Marriott’s Law Department services the Company's lodging and hospitality business and provides legal advice and counsel to Marriott’s internal clients.
The Senior Legal Secretary is an integral role in the department and is responsible for providing direct administrative support to attorneys in Stamford, Connecticut within the Global Lodging Services and North America Lodging Operations Departments. It is essential that the role maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information and ensure that tasks are completely accurately. This position will be located in Stamford and will report directly to the VP & Senior Counsel, Lodging Operations.
- Lead administrative support for attorneys.
- Compose, type/merge, red-line, format, proofread and transmit legal documents and correspondence. Provide excellent word processing and formatting support.
- Enter matters in various databases, such as Law Manager; update database information and documents, including revision and search of databases for corporate entities and report and record management.
- Handle execution of documents, including coordinating with signatories.
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports and documents.
- Create and maintain up-to-date desk files and permanent files, making entries in RIMS and Law Manager, and transmittals to the Records Management Section.
- Assist attorneys in data entry and maintenance of practice area's contract database and database reporting.
- Track correspondence requiring response and keep attorneys apprised of status.
- Review all incoming mail and forward to the appropriate attorney and bring priority items to the attention of the supervisor or the responsible attorney, as appropriate; track matters requiring response/action and keep supervisor apprised of status.
- Answer and screen where necessary incoming telephone calls.
- Assist team with organizing and scheduling meetings and conference calls, and handling high-priority scheduling issues. Coordinate calendars with Administrative Assistants for Senior Leaders and other associates.
- Coordinate, schedule, and prepare for group and other general meetings, including scheduling conference rooms, preparing agenda items, prior distribution of materials, room set up, audio visual equipment set up, conference line initiation, and food and beverage arrangements.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics including transportation, reservations, and lodging arrangements. Prepare expense reports.
- Assist with or take lead role in special projects as requested.
- Assist team leader with overflow as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information. Protect the privacy and security of clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
Requirements for Position
- Minimum of five years of secretarial experience in a law firm or corporate law department required.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Adept with technology and highly proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, CRM software and Adobe products.
- Fast, accurate typing. Strong word processing and spelling/grammar/proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to continually changing workload priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Good judgment; professional demeanor
- Diligence and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal skills.