Manager, Talent Management + Employee Engagement Survey Program
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20018768
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As part of Marriott’s team of Industrial/Organizational Psychologists, this position leads key aspects of critical human capital programs for the company, with a focus on our enterprise-wide engagement survey, special projects and initiatives in support of development and enhancement efforts, as well as supports ongoing implementation and maintenance (e.g., annual processes, tool upgrades, reporting). In addition, this position provides thought leadership for project and change management efforts in support of all projects and programs. Executes processes and maintains tools that help the organization engage employees. Performs business as usual processing (BAU) in support of annual cycles. Plans for and manages special projects in support of the broader team’s mission. Provides consultation to clients and helps them administer, report on, and interpret engagement survey tools and data. Partners with the market and other Centers of Expertise to ensure business needs are met for the Engagement Survey Program.
Education and Experience
- PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or closely related field required.
- Internship or experience in these areas preferred: engagement, survey design, or statistics.
- Skilled with MS Office and statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS).
- Previous experience managing large projects preferred.
- Familiarity and experience in a global environment desired.
- Experience consulting with internal or external clients a plus.
- Leads internal team members and manages external vendor(s) to develop, implement, and sustain engagement survey processes and tools
- Provides direction for the development and execution of robust communication, change management and sustainability plans spanning the full project life cycle to support the effective deployment of new initiatives, processes and tools and ensure organizational endorsement, user adoption and optimization throughout the organization.
- Manages relationships with internal partners and external vendors to ensure compliance with program/project requirements as outlined in project plans, contracts, and timelines.
- Participates in the design, enhancement, testing, implementation, and system evaluation of enterprise-wide technology-enabled engagement survey systems.
- Serves as a key analyst for engagement survey evaluation and reporting.
- Participates in the design, development, and deployment of new engagement survey processes and tools aligning with business needs.
- Coordinates development of engagement survey result recommendations and action plans and provides support for implementation and ongoing evaluation.
- Provides ongoing thought leadership and support to measure impact and drive sustainability of engagement practices.
- Assists senior business and HR executives in the effective deployment of new processes and tools by: providing overall change management support; assisting in the communication of organizational goals and system benefits; working with others to identify and remove barriers to success; and tracking and sharing critical information.
- Supports cross-functional teams to include members from HR Centers of Expertise (COEs), brand organizations, and operational disciplines to continuously improve the approach to engagement survey practices.
- Educates HR COE and market leaders on how to maximize engagement survey tool reporting capabilities to evaluate trends and translate into information to support decision making.
- Facilitates internal and external research to inform design of best-in-class engagement survey tools.
- Provides analytic and project management support to other talent initiatives as needed.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment of goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - Applies knowledge of the principles, standards, codes of conduct, and application of Industrial/Organizational to workforce effectiveness through the design of processes and tools that help organizations hire, develop, manage, and engage employees.
- Human Resources Reporting and Analytics - Uses Human Resources systems and data to generate reports and analyses that inform, evaluate or otherwise provide value to the business.
- Organizational Capability - Creates and executes a strategy to evaluate and adapt the structure of organizational units or jobs, as well as business processes that best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Human Resources Systems and Tools - Uses Human Resources systems and tools (e.g., web applications, software, surveys) in accordance with company standards and policies as well as industry best practices.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.