Account Director - GSO Moscow
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20010705
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Russia GSO, Vozdvizhenka Street 10, Moscow, Russia, Russia VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The role of the Account Director, GSO is to support the GSO vision and mission by leveraging Marriott’s products and services as a team leader or team member within their assigned account portfolio. By utilizing the processes of strategic account management and team-based sales, this position will be responsible for increasing Marriott’s preference, loyalty and profitable share within their assigned accounts and contribute to overall GSO success through the direct sales efforts of Revenue Generation and Value Creation.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
• Accurate qualification of potential accounts; re-qualification of existing accounts.
• Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date information on each account. This includes a thorough understanding of the account’s needs, history, plans, issues, organizational structure, strategies, existing business alliances and key competitors.
• Interpret financial statements, e.g., P&L statements, annual reports, as appropriate, to assist in the formulation of an “account” proposal.
• Maintain account information in SFA to ensure accurate and up-to-date account reporting.
• Manage all resources within budgeted guidelines.
• Proactively develop goals and objectives to support the strategic account plan.
• Represent all brands of Marriott Lodging.
• Responsible for proactive account or segment sales.
• Support data gathering, reporting & tracking functions.
• Identify, develop, initiate and manage opportunities based on their fit with broader strategic account initiatives.
• Identify key purchase points and decision-makers that influence the “buy” decision.
• Network account teams to maximize coverage of key contacts and revenue streams.
• Partner with HQ support for annual pricing process, request for pricing (RFPs) and related maintenance activity.
• Relate customer needs to product capabilities.
• Routinely quantify the business impact to both the customer and Marriott.
• Work with Revenue Management to support account strategy in-market.
• Anticipate and quickly seize opportunities not obvious to others to build customer satisfaction.
• Bring cross-functional and cross-business knowledge to bear in developing business solutions.
• Deliver value-added products and service to create long term customer loyalty.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key buying influences by developing and delivering ‘ease of doing business’ solutions that create and provide unique value and positioning.
• Position self as “Subject Matter Expert” in terms of customer or account activity, business segment activity or market/region activity.
• Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities, and to counter competitive threats
Customer Preference & Loyalty
• Conduct information-oriented sessions at each level of influence within the account or customer base in order to foster and maintain commitment to Marriott as a strategic supplier/partner.
• Counsel internal stakeholders on optimal negotiating stance.
• Deliver value-added products and service to create long term customer preference and loyalty.
• Deliver on commitment to customers.
• Focus on two-way communication to ensure win-win relationship is maintained.
• Proactively seek feedback from customers using resources and tools of GSO.
• Use knowledge of Marriott’s operations, its markets and competitors to promote dialogue and enrich customer interactions.
Market Integration & Leadership
• Assist people from diverse cultures and backgrounds to effectively contribute and succeed in the account team.
• Demonstrate benefits of total account management and team-based sales.
• Ensure that account sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
• Facilitate educational opportunities that enhance credibility and integration between GSO and internal stakeholders.
• Identify and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
• Participate in professional and industry organizations (e.g., SAMA, ACTE, PCMA, MPI, ASMA, etc).
• Participate with account team in market pull-through activity.
• Provide opportunities for communicating account needs throughout organization.
• Support ‘in-market’ needs of properties in a given regional area.
• Utilize account team for Best Practice sharing and problem solving.
• 5+ years sales and marketing experience required.
• Total Account Management experience preferred.
• Hospitality sales experience preferred.
• Ability to engage with account’s preferred strategic suppliers (e.g., channel partners, intermediaries, travel management companies) to collaborate and strengthen the overall relationship, and to ensure that key deliverables satisfy the end user.
• Ability to use standard software applications, such as MSOffice, SFA, etc.
• Act decisively to recover from mistakes; know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve leader.
• Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
• Approach opportunities with curiosity and open-mindedness; display creativity and innovation. Craft offers that leverage and capitalize on cross-organizational strengths that demonstrate value beyond just the product or service being sold.
• Can effectively articulate the financial benefits of a proposal as it pertains to the customer’s business objectives.
• Collect and analyze key information about the customer’s business and/or operation.
• Deliver clear, evenly paced presentations and tailor message to appropriate audience.
• Deliver on commitments to customers, supervisors and peers.
• Develop opportunity sales plan with actionable steps to attain revenue goals. Hold self and others accountable for achieving results.
• Display leadership in understanding the agendas and perspective of others.
• Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively in written and verbal settings.
• Express self well in groups and in one-on-one conversations.
• Gain the confidence and trust of others through their own authenticity and ethical standards.
• Generate enthusiasm for ideas; win support from others; negotiate persuasively.
• Identify cultural influences that impact account relationships and deliverables.
• Identify and act on near term sales opportunities and forecast longer term sales opportunities, in alignment with Marriott’s business needs.
• Be adept at marshalling people resources when “influencing without authority.”
• Keep up-to-date on, and leverage available resources to meet the objectives of Marriott/Account initiatives.
• Know the strengths and weaknesses of competitors; leverage strengths and counter competitive threats.
• Listen patiently and carefully to input; clarify others’ points of view; listen well in a group setting.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, commitments, and customer issues that balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business.
• Share credit with others.
• Use understanding of customer’s organizational structure to enhance account management.
• Work effectively leading and participating in a ‘virtual’ team-based environment
Education or Certification
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
• English language written and spoken.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.