Sales Mgr 2-Resorts
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20007990
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Western SouthWest Sales, 17872 Gillette Avenue #300, Irvine, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups (e.g., 10-99 peak room nights) within predefined Group Sales parameters for resort hotels. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manages the transaction of group customer inquiries and lead requests and achieves revenue and booking goals for the team.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• 2 years’ experience selling group business either at a property or in a sales office.
• Experience selling resort hotels.
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B).
• Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities for resort hotels that are within predefined Group Sales parameters.
• Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
• Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups (e.g., 10-99 peak room nights) within predefined Group Sales parameters for resort hotels.
• Refers opportunities to sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, on-property resources) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Works collaboratively with golf and spa teams on property to book outlet business at parameters for group opportunities.
• Leverages knowledge of resort amenities to close opportunities (e.g., destination attractions, golf, spa, recreation options).
• Understands the importance of the destination sell as well as the overall market (e.g.,- competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand), etc. and how to sell against them.
• Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
• Closes the best opportunities for each resort based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence, communicating with property golf/spa teams).
• Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Leverages other Group Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
• Creates clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
• Resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
• Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Brings issues to the attention of Property and Group Sales leadership team.
• Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
• Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
• Maintains responsibility for transacting group customer inquiries and lead requests and achieving revenue and booking goals for their team.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops relationships and communicates effectively with Destination Sales Executive at resort in order to contribute to a successful site inspection process.
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.