Manager, Greater China Global Information Security
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20004939
Job Category Information Technology
Location Shanghai Operations, 9/F Tower B One ITC, Shanghai, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Continent Information Security Partnerships position drives continent security program, policy, and project execution providing leadership and direction to above property and on property teams. The position strives for outstanding security compliance status and ensures that Security implementations within the continent follow company security standards. The role will track and report on established security metrics to Senior GIS and Continent leaders and will have a direct reporting line to the Director, Continent Information Security Partnerships. This position maintains strong relationships with continent IT operations and Field IT Manager and is the point of contact working with them to liaise with additional teams within Security.
Education and Experience Required Qualifications:
· 5+ years Information Technology, IT Security, and/or IT project management experience
· 3+ years in executing technology plans and/or project portfolios or information security programs
· 2+ years’ implementing enterprise security risk management frameworks and processes.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
· Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, certification or work/military experience
· 5+ years experience in hotel IT Management.
· 4+ years’ experience working with business and iT partners.
· Current information security certification, including Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· 4+ years experience in Cybersecurity response and remediation
· Demonstrated understanding of key network and technical security controls.
· Experience participating in and coordinating activities for security incident response.
· Knowledge of global regulatory standards to include GDPR and understanding of PCI DSS
· Demonstrated ability to apply GIS policies at a discipline unit level.
· Knowledge of IT security within an infrastructure environment.
· Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and hospitality culture.
· Experience in business systems and process planning.
· Graduate/post graduate degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Leads Security project implementations within a designated continent partnering with the respective above property and property IT teams.
· Develops and delivers tactical communications, issues remediation planning, and implementation timelines with the continent IT Operations and Global Information Security teams.
· Initiates and completes audit programs including tracking of progress, results, and gaps remediation. Shares with GIS and continent partners and leads follow ups, such as IPPA, IT Peer Review, and PCI.
· Represents Security in signing off on new property openings including tracking that property systems and security readiness is registered, to include application inventory
· Identifies learning and knowledge gaps and facilitates educational calls, materials and meetings to the Continent IT Operations and field associates
· Plans and leads security reviews/certifications for new systems and services for properties across an assigned continent.
· Performs first line approval of security requests from the partners and presents to leadership for additional approvals
· Key contact for security compliance partnering with IT continent and global GIS teams. Tracks compliance of the continent and works with on property IT associates along with the Area IT Managers towards issues remediations, providing necessary escalations and follow ups to the respective teams.
· Partners with Cyber Incident Response Team during incident response and remediation with their respective continent
· Point of contact for general questions and queries around global IT security programs, policies, procedures, and/or strategy.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively acts and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective
countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.