Senior Manager, Data Science Partner & Analysis, Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 20004140
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott is seeking someone like you to provide top notch analytics and strategic recommendations to the Global Marketing Optimization organization. You will enable marketing strategy by conducting analysis to evaluate a variety of advertising and marketing techniques in paid and owned channels including digital, and offline. You will ensure that marketing stakeholders will optimize of their marketing efforts by developing and communicating insightful and actionable analysis. This role entails outstanding business to technical translation, structured yet creative thinking, cross-functional collaboration, hands on advanced analytical methods. This role is part of a highly visible team that is tasked with growth acceleration and reinventing customer experience for Marriott.
This position is part of the broader CX Analytics team, which is charged with developing and utilizing state-of-the-art analytic approaches to generate business intelligence about customer attitudes and behaviors across all customer-facing touch points along the B2C and B2B customer journeys.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in analytics, economics, statistics, or relevant area. Advanced degree in quantitative discipline preferred.
- 5-7 years’ work experience, with a minimum of 2 years in marketing, email or media analytics or a related technical discipline
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SQL, Python and/or R required
- Strong data analysis skills and experience, including querying and manipulation of large quantities of data
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Data modeling and software development experience is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis, business intelligence, and data mining tools is a plus
- Proficient with DOE and A/B and multivariate testing
- Experience with digital marketing platforms including Doubleclick is a plus
- Experience with Adobe set of marketing tools such as Adobe Campaign, Audience Management, Analytics is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to synthesize and analyze large volumes of complex information from multiple sources
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Creative problem solver and relentlessly curious.
- Initiative to solve problems as they arise; Proven track record for innovation and applying new technologies to solve problems
- Proven track record of leveraging data for business decision making
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong dedication to data integrity and quality control
- Strong people and team management skills; Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to handle complex work with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates having business or technical backgrounds
- Ability to articulate clearly and present complex issues to associates at all organizational levels
- Set up and manage program KPIs by designing and implementing comprehensive, measurable testing plans
- Develop a framework for creating and executing multiple holdout, A/B and multivariate tests across marketing initiatives
- Propose and implement hypothesis-driven tests, evaluate test and campaign results, develop analysis/reports and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform hands-on analyses on large volumes of data from ad serving platforms, individual media platforms (eg Facebook), email service providers (ESP) and customer level data.
- Work with complex data structures; manipulate and cleanse data and perform statistical analysis
- Create optimization strategies, testing roadmaps, test designs and testing repositories for ongoing learning
- Develop and document testing and measurement processes and policies to further increase the quality and rigo
- Provide guidance and collaborate with other associates or contractors involved in project
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the business questions and translate into requirements and measurement plans
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in Digital Personalization, Marketing Orchestration, Paid Media, IT and partners/vendors as well as key team members in CX such as Data Domain Management & Engineering, Advanced Data Sciences
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations that provide analytical recommendations and actionable insights to disseminate findings and successful practices to key stakeholders and senior management. Explain complex analytics to a broad audience with varying levels of technical background and understanding.
- Manages small projects and provides support to larger scale departmental initiatives
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate supervision
- Provides training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution
- Provides project support (requirements gathering, technical documentation, testing, training, etc.) for larger BMSC initiatives
- Supports CX Data Science initiatives
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Building Relationships
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Strong to expert SQL skills for both data extraction and for designing flexible data/ETL structures.
- Experience in working with and designing snowflake data schemas with high volumes and high cardinality data in multiple operating environments.
- Experience with different database and reporting platforms to create short term, medium term, and long term reporting solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with non-technical and technical audiences, clearly communicating project needs, risks, delays, and outcomes to all levels of the organization.
- Strong desire to solve business problems using data driven solutions.
- Experience working with high volume, highly complex data structures and/or web analytics data implementations are encouraged to apply
- Project management, project estimating, verbal and written communications, business and technical documentation.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.