Senior Director, Business Consultancy
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19181551
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Director, Business Consultancy provides high-quality consulting and strategic leadership to solve clients’ complex business challenges for all departments within Marriott International with a specialized focused on Consumer Operations, Technology, and Emerging Businesses.
The Sr. Director is responsible for working across the organization to produce results on consulting engagements and core services which may include formulating business strategy and prioritization, product and service innovation, business transformation, organizational planning, risk management, and technology & digital solutioning.
The position will actively collaborate with Executive Stakeholders and clients which may include Senior Executives and Vice Presidents for departments within Marriott International.
This position will lead consulting efforts across a matrix organization which includes partnering with and influencing various levels of organizations on related client assignments to create solutions and drive desired results.
- Advises clients on strategy formulation efforts, including conducting necessary research, analysis and development of data-driven recommendations.
- Develops innovative solutions to help clients and organization achieve business goals
- Conducts process re-engineering services, including facilitation of design sessions, documentation of processes, and identification of improvements.
- Provides day-to-day project leadership on consulting engagements to ensure engagements are delivered on time and on budget and achieves client satisfaction with project delivery and business results.
- Creates high-impact deliverables for Senior Leadership consumption.
- Develops change management strategies to implement project recommendations and affect change.
- Measures, evaluates and reports the key results of the implemented solutions and captured benefits.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Business Process and Analysis – Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
- IT Business Management – Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
- 8 - 10 years of consulting, strategy, and project leadership experience.
- Proven success in consulting engagements, achieving business objectives, meeting facilitation, and effecting change.
- Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives
- Experience developing and executing multi-year plans.
- Experience/knowledge in reengineering complex processes.
- Strong influencing, problem resolution, and process management skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including those at senior organizational levels with strong client service skills
- Ability to enlist and motivate individuals and secure resources without direct authority
- Ability to form and foster high performing teams
- Detail oriented and highly professional
- Ability to recognize and manage corporate political climate. Ability to transfer knowledge and methodology to clients.
Education and Professional Certification
- Minimum undergraduate degree required; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years experience in medium-or large-scale project leadership
- Major consulting firm experience preferred