Sales Coordinator – Global Sales Organization
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19171816
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Frankfurt GSO, Frankfurter Strasse 10-14, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Sales Coordinator executes the merchandising of group, contract, business transient and/or extended stay sales opportunities by using Marriott’s sales information systems and technology. The Sales Coordinator serves as the point of contact between customers, GSO Sales Managers/Directors and the properties. In this role, the Sales Coordinator utilizes sales techniques to maximize revenue and build customer loyalty.
The Sales Coordinator - Global Sales Organization provides support to the GSO.
• Location requirements: The Sales Coordinator - Global Sales Organization is to be located at the Eschborn office.
• Travel Requirements: There is occasional (1%) business travel
• Language Requirements: German, English
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents Marriott in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
• Global Mindset - Supports associates and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Managing Work, Projects and Policies
• Evaluate, qualify and respond to leads in a professional and timely manner. Majority of communication will be via telephone, email and SFAWeb|CI/TY. Leads and follow-up communication from hotels will be generated through SFAWeb|CI/TY.
• Act as the liaison between the customer and hotel(s) to present rate proposals, maximize or convert potential bookings, and close the sale.
• Generate contracts to finalize sales transactions.
• Ensure business is transitioned to designated property appropriately and in a timely manner for proper service.
• Provide service to customers to grow account share on behalf of MI, across the enterprise.
• Participate on project and account teams, executing activities that support strategic account management and team-based sales models.
• Join sales managers on sales calls, as appropriate.
• Provide sales program/event coordination (e.g. Hotel Excellence, sales missions, trade shows), reporting support, and/or general administrative support, as needed.
Maintaining Business Goals
• Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFAWeb|CI/TY and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting.
• Assist with the closing of business opportunities to ensure team and departmental goals are met.
• Generate and organize sales reports utilizing internal data systems (e.g. SFAWeb|CI/TY, MRDW).
• Support operating budgets and venue targets to support the GSO business plan.
• Monitor and evaluate GSO office processes and procedures; recommend improvements as necessary.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline/Functional Knowledge
• Use standard software applications such as MS Office, SFAWeb|CI/TY, MRDW, etc.
• Act decisively to recover from mistakes. Know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader.
• Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Contributing to Teams
• Navigate the MI organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging relationships and knowledge.
• Identify and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
• Work effectively in a virtual team-based environment.
• Prepare, edit and proofread written documents (e.g. daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports, etc.) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications.
• Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind.
• Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and programs that will enhance team productivity and/or business results.
• Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs as well as to ensure teamwork
• Complies with Marriott Hotel Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
CANDIDATE PROFILE – KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCES DESIREDANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing, Guest Services, Front Desk or related professional area OR a 2 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management required.