Manager, SMR Analytics – Marketing, Digital and Loyalty
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19168575
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Europe Office - Eschborn, Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
• Location requirements: The position can be located at either of the two continent offices (London, United Kingdom or Eschborn, Germany).
• Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required.
• Travel Requirements: There is a 10% business travel required.
• Support the effort to define reporting and analytical road map for Europe’s Marketing, Digital, and Loyalty efforts defining guidelines for continent versus corporate responsibilities.
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis for marketing programs initiated within Europe to help the continent’s Loyalty, Brand, Marketing and Digital teams understand the value of marketing efforts for regional and property programs.
• Identify/develop measurement criteria to determine effectiveness of digital campaigns and promotional offers, analyze interim results and prepare the final analysis on performance.
• Communicate results to Europe Brand, Marketing & Digital teams in timely and resourceful manner to facilitate their ability to meet deadlines.
• Develop and present analytical recommendations and actionable insights to disseminate findings and successful practices to Europe SMR leaders.
• Work on special projects as assigned which allow leaders across brand, marketing, digital, and loyalty to support their stakeholders to be more effective and meet their goals.
• Build strong relationships with marketing team leaders to identify strategic objectives and prioritize work.
• Coordinate and collaborate with headquarters and analytic resources from other continents to deliver consistent and best in practice analytic tools and strategies to the Continent.
• Advocate for data based decision making and delivers tools and frames issues to help Continent leaders leverage data appropriately.
• Monitor hotels’ performance, by utilizing all relevant tools, data and reports. Uses the results of this analysis to educate the team on performance trends and potential opportunities or areas of concern.
• Identify performance gaps of hotels and provide strategic and mitigating advice for solution.
• Support continent, areas, and market teams with data requests and ad-hoc reporting and exception analysis.
• Work with corporate and continent teams to evaluate business performance and drive new techniques for understanding key business drivers.
• Support analytic teams to deliver reports and analysis that meet the needs of Continent stakeholders consistent with the approach and standards of Corporate, Global analytic teams.
• Participate cross-departmental relationships to spur collaboration between projects.
• Think creatively and practically to develop and refine existing and new reports and tools used by regional leaders as well as hotel revenue leaders.
• Generate and provide accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports.
• Use all available on the job training tools for associates
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with associates across disciplines.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• MS Excel (required, advanced)
• SQL (required, proficient)
• SAS, Tableau, Cognos or MS Access (preferred)
• Strong understanding of sales distribution systems (Marriott.com, voice, GDS, OTAs), revenue management systems (HPP, MARSHA, OneYield, etc.), and revenue strategy.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 2+ years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in analytically-heavy positions in the travel industry.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and engage in analytics with practical applications to business needs.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Informs and/or updates Senior Leaders on relevant information
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g finance, operations research, economics, or statistics).