Sr. Manager, Data Science Partner - AB Testing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19165486
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sr Manager, Data Science Partner - Digital supports the business priorities and success of Marriott’s Customer Experience organization. This position is part of a broader team of business and data analysts who are responsible for providing data-driven insights and recommendations in support of Marriott’s customer-centric strategies and initiatives. Work on this team will be project based, providing an opportunity to gain knowledge and exposure to different parts of Marriott’s business. As a Senior Manager, you may contribute to any number of projects, initiatives or analyses. Sample work includes participation in:
- Measuring optimization efforts by developing insights which drive business strategy and profitability,
- Design and measure a/b and multivariate tests
- Analyze and report on the activity of customers using Marriott and Starwood websites, linking customer website interaction data with enterprise databases to assess customer value and engagement across Marriott and Starwood websites, mobile apps and loyalty programs.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with applied experience in digital analytics and optimization experience with both web and app.
- Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics
- SQL, R, Python or other languages to manipulate and shape large data sets.
- Tableau to create data visualizations that communicate results and trends (nice to have)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Strong coursework in quantitative disciplines, including business analytics, engineering, mathematics, operations research, or statistics.
- Graduate degree in a related field a plus.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Establish and share best practices for measuring and analyzing digital performance and opportunities.
- Promote the continued adoption of ‘Test & Learn’ approaches to maximize return on objectives.
- Partner with cross-discipline teams to leverage behavioral data to improve the performance of strategies.
- Collaborate with Analytics, Research, Data Strategy teams within Marriott to share insights, improve predictive models, and data quality.
Demonstrating and Applying Subject Matter and Analytical Knowledge
- Stay up-to-date on developments and new capabilities in analytics, statistical methods, and data visualization.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage a workload of multiple projects.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Inform and/or update leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manage time effectively and conduct activities in an organized manner.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Use problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Strong Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics
- Strong SQL, R, Python or other languages to manipulate and shape large data sets.
- Strong Tableau to create data visualizations that communicate results and trends.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.