Permanent Position: Contract Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19164040
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza One, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Contract Compliance supports the Continent in operating within a framework and utilizing tools that provide the Continent the assurance to be in compliance with the financial provisions of contractual arrangements. The position partners with internal departments to establish and sustain a global governance framework (policies, processes, and procedures) to ensure financial contract compliance is executed by accountable parties. The position will report to, and work under the supervision of senior manager within the Finance Compliance Department. The Manager holding this position will work collaboratively with internal business customers and third parties, as needed.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
• Review hotel agreements' provisions after deals are signed
• Collaborate with stakeholders to understanding of financial provisions and contractual obligations
• Act as point of contact with global financial contract compliance team to validate contract clauses and customer set up in the global contract engine certification
• Manage continent's contract applications to capture financial provisions accurately and complete
• Monitor amendments for pre-opening projects and ensure to update contract applications
• Work with finance operation and hotel team closely to ensure their understanding contractual obligations at opening
• Monitor the certification of contract applications
• Respond to hotels inquiries on hotel agreements
• Manage pre-opening accounts receivable and ensure to be collected timely
• Prepare monthly reports for financial review meetings on pre-opening projects
• Manage and analyze billing to contract pre-opening budget
• Collaborate with accounting team to ensure billing owners are submitting expenses timely and accurately
• Support other departments to obtain billing information, if needed
• Provide training on the use of contract and AR applications, and global billing system at opening
• Prepare training materials for the finance operation teams
• Maintain contract and AR applications
• Design new applications in QuickBase
• Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned
• Minimum, five (5) years of experience in related fields - contract review, public accounting, general accounting, process analysis and improvements design and implementation, required.
Education and Certification
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Professional qualification such as HKICPA/ACCA or equivalent qualification.
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to read and interpret terms included in contract agreements.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; committed to meet deadlines and hardworking.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including Senior Management.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to conduct and report financial analysis, including identifying areas of financial risk.
• Work experiences with ERP system (PeopleSoft).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese are required, other Asian language skills is a plus.
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot table, formulas, etc.)
• Knowledge with QuickBase is a plus.
• High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter.
• Creative thinker regarding process improvement and systematic process analysis.
• Customer service orientation with both internal and external customers.
• Support, manage, and initiate change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally, up to 10% annually.
Based in Hong Kong.