Director of Privacy Rights - CEC
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19162027
Job Category Reservations
Location CEC Omaha, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, CEC Privacy will serve an important role as the primary point of contact and main liaison for MI guests seeking to exercise their individual privacy rights, which may include a request to access or delete personal data. The Director will be responsible for overseeing Marriott’s individual privacy rights process and will manage a team of 5+ privacy associate/hourly positions who are the primary team responsible for processing these requests. The Director will have strong writing skills, be process-oriented and comfortable interacting with MI guests and various internal teams. The Director will be responsible for quality assurance, regular reporting and will look for ongoing opportunities to optimize the process to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and improve overall service levels. The role will partner and work collaboratively with several internal teams dedicated to supporting Marriott’s overall Global Privacy program.
Provide coordination and leadership for Privacy Individual Rights Process
Provide updates to CEC leadership and MI privacy stakeholders as necessary
Supervise overall performance of individual rights/CEC privacy team
Ensure reporting function is supporting CEC individual rights privacy team, Legal, DPO, and CX needs and partners with analytics team to drive improvements to Individual Rights processing and CEC Privacy performance reporting
Design and implement processes and SOPs to meet future requirements in upcoming privacy regulations (e.g., dedicated phone line for CCPA)
Responsible for CEC privacy team staffing/resource needs as they arise and keeping CEC leadership and MI privacy stakeholders apprised of the same
Gather information and coordinate input on a global basis to help support MI’s responses to privacy-related inquiries or complaints by regulators or guests
Responsible for on-going assessment of training needs of CEC privacy team and supports effort to develop necessary training programs
- Assignment and review of individual rights requests.
- Triage and process cases in the escalation stage
- Track and report on task completion as it relates to the overall project status and goals.
- Perform QA of Privacy Associate / hourly team activities, as needed.
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- APP or other relevant privacy certifications are a plus
- Legal or consulting background is a plus
- Advanced technical skills: Microsoft Suite proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint) and extensive Adobe Acrobat software knowledge & experience. Proficient in MS Outlook. Deep Excel experience to support tracking
- Ability to train on process and procedures involved in Marriott’s individual rights request process
- Ability to evaluate daily workloads and make appropriate work order decisions based on pre-established criteria to respond to data subject access requests in order of priority
- Understanding of privacy regulations and obligations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet regulatory deadlines
- Organized and proficient at managing multiple sources of data and information
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong team and individual management skills
- Moderate privacy background (1.5+ years performing Privacy-related activities as a primary job function. Legal background would also suffice)
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to generate custom responses by retooling existing responses and adapt responses for context
- Ability to recognize which inquiries require truly custom responses
- Capability to multi-task several complex/detailed requests simultaneously
- Able to conduct QA of L1 Processors
- Ability to recognize legal/regulatory language
- Ability to accurately identify guest inquiries and choose most appropriate response(s) from an existing library of custom responses
- Shows an understanding of customer/stakeholder expectations.
- Listens and responds to customers/stakeholders with empathy.
- Builds rapport and trust with customers/stakeholders to promote loyalty.
- Anticipates and quickly responds to customer/stakeholder requests or issues.
- Explains policies in a way that helps customers/stakeholders understand.
- Helps others feel valued and included.
- Works well with others regardless of their background or characteristics.
- Models the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Listens to and acknowledges different ideas and viewpoints.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Shows an understanding of how each role on the team contributes to the work.
Shows an understanding of goals, processes, and reporting relationships within the department.
- Understands scope of own decision‐making authority.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Shows an understanding of performance expectations.
- Works with manager to set and prioritize developmental goals.
- Builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Participates in the hiring process and helps with on‐boarding new associates.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Recognizes issues and makes suggestions to solve problems related to daily work.
Breaks complex issues into manageable parts.
Asks questions and gathers information before making a decision.
Identifies and considers alternatives and their possible impact before making decisions.
Makes decisions and takes action in a reasonable amount of time.
Shows an understanding of how own work impacts Company and department performance.
Shows an understanding of the drivers of Company and department performance.
Identifies innovative ways to improve productivity and associate and customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
Performs technical and complex tasks and solves problems within area of expertise.
Models technical excellence and communicates the benefits of specific techniques in area of expertise.
Uses appropriate facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
Follows current policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Works with team members to meet shared goals.
- Shows an understanding of how the team contributes to broader success.
- Shares with team members information needed to accomplish work.
- Tells other team members when they are doing a good job.
Takes responsibility for being innovative and delivering work that exceeds requirements.
Learns from mistakes.
Participates in setting goals for the team or department.
Looks ahead and lets manager know about possible challenges in completing assigned work.