Sr. Director, IT Infrastructure Delivery-Private Cloud Engineering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19160643
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Accountable for leading the Private Cloud and Solutions Engineering for “Infrastructure as a Service” that supports above property and property-based services. This role will work directly with key stakeholders and customers such as peer organizations in “Platform as a Service”, Build and other Run teams to deliver Engineering and Operations services across IaaS solutions. This senior leader manages a team comprised of the Director, Infrastructure Solutions, Sr. System Engineers and Service Providers.
The role works efficiently with our technology providers as well as other engineering, application, and operations teams and defines long term strategy for overall IaaS services. The team is accountable for the engineering, implementation and operations across compute, storage and operating systems and leads the implementation during projects and upgrades. The role drives automaton of platforms to reduce manual configuration and defines processes for working with each OEM manufacturer as it relates to support, access and refresh.
The leader is accountable for the evolution of compute, storage and infrastructure components in the Private Cloud and Marriott Data Centers.
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
- 10+ years of IT leadership experience in leading managers, technologists, cross functional, sourced or matrixed teams with direct management of budgets
- 10+ years in an IT operational role supporting mission critical solutions or applications in large scale environments and organizations
- 10+ years of experience in engineering roles supporting compute, storage, virtualization and operating systems.
- 5+ years of experience working with converged or hyper-converged ecosystems
- Ability to design a global end to end architecture that supports high service availability
- 5+ years of scripting and automation for Linux and Windows operating systems
- 5+ years developing technology roadmaps and strategies
- 3+ years of experience supporting container platforms, middleware, database and BI technologies
- ITIL v3 or ITIL v4 certification
- Vendor certifications in one or more more of the following: RedHat, Microsoft, Openstack, AWS, GCP or Azure
- Graduate Degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- 5+ years of experience with and knowledge of IT outsourcing activities in a managed services environment
- Strong process management, negotiating, influencing and problem resolution skills
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Leads IT initiatives and provides oversight, governance and strategic direction related to Infrastructure services to enable the delivery of IT services
- Defines the Marriott infrastructure engineering and governance model
- Directs the Private Cloud Engineering and Infrastructure Solutions Engineering teams
- Provides technical leadership, oversight, standardization and validation of the effectiveness for the Enterprise Infrastructure environment
- Manages performance and is the accountable leader for technical outcomes of the assigned Service Provider
- Educates internal and external users of the technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how best to operate and support the infrastructure services.
- Work closely with the EA and Architecture teams to facilitate alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Institutes governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
- Consults with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs
- Oversees the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work
- Defines, designs, implements and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes and practices.
- Collaborates with Project Managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff
- Liaises with vendors to select the products or services that best meet company goals
- Develops and promotes technology management methodologies and standards
- Promote the organization’s awareness, understanding, and usage of enterprise standard end-to-end processes.
- Support the development of behavioral change management, communications and training as needed to drive process and tool adoption, implementation and compliance.
- Track status of key milestones in the adoption of new processes and tools.
- Collaborate with key stakeholder groups to validate the effectiveness of standard processes and continuously improves process quality.
- Work with Marriott teams to ensure that process-related activities address company needs.
- Define corrective action for audit findings with stakeholders.
- Work to resolve escalated issues.
Cultivate a High-Performing Team
- Creates a compelling vision, clear direction and strategy for the team
- Generates enthusiasm and understanding of the information security vision and how each role contributes to the achievement of that vision
- Ensure capabilities are developed and resources are aligned to support the strategy
- Attracts, motivates, develop and retains highly skilled leaders; champions and models leadership development
- Creates and sustains a work environment that drives associate engagement and enables business success
- Ensures appropriate processes are in place and executed to drive collaboration and alignment within the team and with the broader IT organization
- Serves as a role model and ensure all information security leaders are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, and service providers
- Manages budget