Director, Digtial Transformation
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19160624
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, Digital Transformation is responsible for planning, developing and sharing key initiatives and messages related to our Global Digital transformation. This person will collaborate across Global Digital to develop and refine digital strategy and collateral to communicate within Global Digital, across the greater organization and globally. This role works with cross-functional teams, solves problems quickly, communicates expertly, thinks strategically and makes data-driven decisions. Working closely with our CX and performance teams, this person is responsible for creating and presenting strategic analysis and business insights to inform Global Digital and partner roadmaps, driving processes that support growth and transformation, and creating approaches to manage change through digital transformation.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Strategic Communications, or related major.
- 8+ years’ experience in management consulting, strategic communications, business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Experience developing and communicating transformational strategies with and for business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under challenging conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Applicable digital product management or product marketing experience.
- Develop and manage digital transformation narrative and strategy; stakeholder engagement, key briefing materials, strategic communications assets, measurement and adoption plans, and change management assets
- Drive associate engagement by identifying and removing critical leadership and organizational alignment gaps and roll out change management strategies
- Gather and refine key digital accomplishments for use in corporate forums and channels
- Partner with leaders across BMSC to strengthen our digital strategy through collaboration
- Report progress against key business KPIs for Digital team and across the company
- Drive a process for prioritization and road-mapping which enables fact-based decision-making, resource allocation and operating efficiency
- Support efforts across Global Digital, UX and Product leads to understand emerging and global market opportunities and technologies and help create strategies to implement within Marriott Digital
Digital Product Promotion and Storytelling
- Communicate digital product wins, opportunities, and the product vision through compelling discussions and presentations.
- Collaborate with cross-organizational stakeholders to align and elevate Marriott’s digital products and experiences. These partnerships include International Leadership; Sales, Distribution Strategy and Revenue teams; iT; and across the Digital organization.
- Own and deliver the Marriott Digital roadmap aligned with enterprise growth initiatives (e.g. Experiences & Marketplaces)
- Responsible for formulating a defensible product vision, strategy & roadmap and guide the execution of the roadmap
- Advocate for disruptive product solutions that can become key market differentiators for Marriott
- Define key metrics and implement measurement of metrics, to determine product performance and gain insights into ability to achieve product goals, new opportunities and growth potential
- Follow industry trends, digital company moves, and other supplier chain competitor M&E approaches to address upcoming threats and to enhance Marriott’s competitive strength
- Develop product marketing materials to communicate digital transformation initiatives and progress
- Lead strategic and execution meetings with corporate leaders to ensure future product strategies are well-defined, delivered and evolved
- Drive excellence in collaboration, communication and operations management across key service organizations
- Develop strategic roadmaps and identify digital resource needs for sustaining new products, services and digital experiences
- Follow industry trends, digital company moves, and other supply chain and competitor M&E approaches to address upcoming threats and to enhance Marriott’s competitive strength.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Provides digital expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Demonstrated comfort with generating and communicating strategic analysis and business insights
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Effective written and oral communications skills with sensitivity to global communication needs
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think strategically, and drive data-driven decision making
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills and success in cross-functional relationship-building at all levels, ability to drive consensus through influence and fact-based approach
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in Office software products and digital collaboration tools