Manager, Project Management, Americas
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19160568
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Manager, Business Support – Project Management, is a core team member of multi-discipline project teams within the MPACT department. This role is responsible for ensuring pilot projects and programs in the MPACT department are well-planned, well executed, effectively measured and sustainable. Utilizing innovative tools and technology, the manager will develop project tools and plans to support new business ventures and expansions. This manager will build workflows and program deliverables to support pilot and sustainability programs. The manager will collaborate with and support a diverse group of individuals including business owners, hotel leadership, various Marriott departments, MPACT leadership and other business support roles. This role must utilize strong project management skills to support critical business development needs of the MPACT department.
Project Management & Business Development Support
• Develops tracking mechanisms, tools and processes to support critical department goals as it relates to service expansion, process improvement and new business ventures.
• Creates content and deliverables for new pilot programs.
• Leads deployment plan of resources to support new or existing internal stakeholders. Identifies trends, gaps or patterns in business processes and supports strategies to improve tools and processes for increased team efficiency across all levels within the MPACT department.
• Manages the development and implementation of various cross discipline projects, systems and initiatives, including proper tracking mechanisms, analysis and reporting of results.
• Establishes methods to measure the effectiveness of change efforts, set targets, track results, and improve programs. Leads data collection efforts and analyzes data and feedback to inform strategy development; tracks performance and recommends solutions to continuously improve performance.
• Develops change management communication and action plans to educate effected groups on initiatives and changes.
• Documents guides and manuals and builds processes and procedures for in-scope projects.
• Conducts research and/or analysis for in-scope projects to present risks and options to internal stakeholders.
• Executes workflows and processes within project-scope.
Performs other reasonable job duties as requested. 10-15% travel may be required.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Independent self -starter with enthusiasm, motivation and the drive to generate new ideas and approaches to managing events financials.
• Notable experience working in matrix organizations with senior leadership and the ability to work effectively in cross functional teams while managing up to the executive level.
• Ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions.
• Possess strong project management and change management competence and skills, with an ability to independently manage multiple projects.
• Ability to identify and recommend approaches to address risks in a positive manner.
• Experience analyzing and documenting processes to identify opportunities for improvements.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines concurrently; effective use of time management and prioritization skills.
• Proficient in variety of software packages including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), SharePoint.