Training Manager, Reservation Systems & Project Support (Spanish Required)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19159123
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Training Manager, Reservation Systems & Project Support is a member of the Americas Openings Team and is responsible for planning, organizing and facilitating pre-opening Revenue Management and Reservations training for new hotel openings, conversion and post operating hotels in the CALA Region. This role will act as the subject matter expert and determine training needs based on system changes, brand standards, new initiatives, trends and will assist with the modification and enhancement of existing training programs. As a member of the Openings Americas Sales, Marketing & Revenue organization, this individual will contribute specialized knowledge and skills to support the Opening & Transitions team’s business objectives and initiatives in partnership with respective leadership.
- Facilitates on-site and/or virtual training for all systems users related to reservations and revenue management in compliance with training standards for hotel openings, conversions, and post-opening operating hotels.
- Manages the scheduling and deployment of Revenue Management Trainers based off hotel countdown timeline and training grid in partnership with the MPACT Business Operations organization.
- Partners and finalizes project timeline with the PMS training and installation team to ensure in-scope revenue and reservation systems are interfacing appropriately.
- Provides training requirements and expectations with ownership groups, above-property leaders and property leaders prior to arrival to ensure hotel readiness for training.
- Manages escalation, tracking and resolution of Revenue Management and Reservations support issues and communicates to key stakeholders.
- Manages logistics preparation for all training-related items to include technology, attendees, equipment and training materials.
- Responsible for the training compliance tracking process, developing reports and metrics to distribute to key stakeholders and property leadership.
- Provides feedback and operational guidance to hotel management regarding the use of revenue management and reservation systems.
- Owns the internal Brand to Brand conversion process by educating property stakeholders on the transition of revenue management systems and ensuring property is activated across all operating systems and channels.
- Develops and maintains revenue management and reservations training content, researches and provides ways to improve and customize training guides, manuals, multimedia visual aids and training procedures for pre-opening and conversion hotels.
- Identifies gaps in existing training and opportunities for future training needs to ensure relevance of current processes, systems and initiatives.
- Owns the virtual turnover process of revenue management and reservation systems to RMAS or Property Revenue Manager once hotel opening or conversation is completed.
- Consults with RMAS or Property Revenue Managers to identify additional training needs and provide post-opening and post-conversion refresh training to requesting hotels.
Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Spanish Speaking Required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred.
- Marriott Trainer Certification Level 2 preferred
- Experience facilitating classroom and virtual training
- Proficient in MARSHA including revenue management functionality and reservations.
- One Yield version 2 certification and Marriott Revenue Management Certification.
- Proficient in EMPOWER Reservations, EMPOWER Groups & Inventory, Group Housing Solutions, High Performance Pricing, eFAST, and MRDW.
- Working knowledge of Marriott PMS Systems interface with MARSHA including FSPMS, Opera, FOSSE and LightSpeed.
- Intermediate knowledge of EPIC and MarRFP.
- Proficient with Marriott International and Microsoft business applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MGS, etc.)
- Possess exceptional public speaking and facilitation skills including a high level of energy and a positive attitude to conduct training and engage an audience.
- Understanding of hotel operations and general staffing roles and responsibilities within a hotel and how they relate to each other including Front Office, Revenue Management, Sales, Events, and Accounting.
- Highly organized, capable of managing multiple priorities, able to learn fast and assume responsibility quickly.
- Self-starters who excel in working in an autonomous environment and exceeding expectations.
- Exhibit the adaptability to handle the demands of a short notice 80-90% travel position.