Director, Connectivity, APAC(Location flexible)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19154991
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza One, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The global distribution landscape in the lodging industry continues to expand and become more complex. The Distribution Strategy team is charged with identifying, developing and executing the means to drive customers to Marriott’s lowest cost and direct channels, while optimizing the relationships with third party channels like OTAs, Metasearch, wholesalers and travel agencies. Marriott recognizes that our portfolio’s performance in external intermediary channels is a key area of focus.
As a member of the Distribution Strategy team, the Director, Connectivity is a leadership role that will serve as a Connectivity subject matter expert within the Continent. This leader works in partnership with the Connectivity, Infrastructure + Content and GDS, Channel Operations + Support teams. This leader will provide guidance for specific continent needs on how to build infrastructure, capabilities and processes to execute evolving distribution strategies in the complex B2B and B2C intermediary segments, including but not limited to, TMCs, Group, OTA’s, Metasearch and Wholesale. Responsibilities include managing implementation and execution of partner interfaces, enhancements, distribution initiatives, and escalation/resolution processes to ensure business objectives and operational service levels are met.
- Eight years’ work experience, with at least five years of relevant work experience managing complex projects and efforts to successful execution
- Possess a strong understanding of third-party distribution channels and Marriott systems
- Demonstrates an effective interpersonal style that contributes to a cohesive team, inspires and helps to sustain team engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and understands issues, problems and opportunities and the ability to obtain and compare information from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and identify a course of action
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization, including senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build and sustain strong business relationships by understanding stakeholder needs
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for goals
- 4-year degree from an accredited University or equivalent work experience
- Serves as Connectivity Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Continent
- Provides insights into Continent’s Distribution environment and make recommendations how to support strategic distribution initiatives
- Acts as a consultant for key distribution partners to educate on best practices for implementing Marriott Distribution Programs
- Manage IT roadmap to implement new partner interfaces to support Global and Continent Distribution Strategy
- Manage pulling through core capabilities and enhancements to existing partner interfaces
- Works with Director of OTA/Wholesale to activate new properties and partners while maintaining high standards of operational service levels
- Work with Director Channel Operations & Support to monitor property and partner feedback, and manage escalation resolution process
- Identify knowledge gaps and create a plan to educate key stake holders to better understand how distribution strategies are managed and executed in the region
Manage and conduct Human Resources activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in department (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.