Senior Software Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19152482
Job Category Information Technology
Location Galaxy Lightspeed Office, 5 Peters Canyon Road Ste 375, Irvine, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for estimation, designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software. Makes recommendations towards the developing of new code or existing code. Has experience in systems analysis, design and an understanding of development, integration methodologies with regards to Cloud Application Development.
Works closely with business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the origination’s architectural standards.
Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Resolves and makes decisions on more complex, non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of applications to meet current and future user requirements. Defines and creates the next generation of solutions to drive Marriott value. Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints. Creates solutions that serve our business leveraging current and leading edge technologies in an innovative and impactful manner.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in software development with expert level expertise in Java
- 3+ year’s recent experience with architectural frameworks and the various approaches related to Cloud Application Development.
- Prior experience with any Cloud offering.. AWS , Azure or Google
- Technical and implementation knowledge around MicroServices and API architecture, NoSQL Data Stores, Distributed transactions, multi-system dependencies, Dockers, Kubernetes, Git [cross domain development]
- Candidate should have prior experience and knowledge of test driven approach; including processes, environment /tools and artifacts
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Prior hands on technical experience around monolith application to cloud migration.
- Prior knowledge of Security / Scalability / DevOps around Agile and Cloud Development
- Experience in development of hotel property applications
- Knowledge of hotel operations
- Technical certifications (Java, J2E, JBoss, etc.)
- Experience in waterfall and/or agile software methodologies
- Graduate degree
- Technical expert who serves as an escalation point for application related changes from Project teams. Escalates to the IT Business Relationship Manager as needed.
- Serves as an escalation point for application requirements clarification relating to defects, enhancements and projects. Escalates to IT Business Relationship Manager as needed.
- Consults with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
- Provides documents with a focus on how infrastructure services are leveraged in the solution architecture.
- Possesses advanced skills in working in a distributed team (shared development) environment, on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility in product development.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of infrastructure services products.
- Leads analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Consults with project teams to identify when it is necessary to modify infrastructure services to accommodate project needs.
- Defines, designs, implements and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and practices
- Conducts research and reviews the design and implementation of infrastructure components to validate that they are standards based, high performing, highly available and secure in delivering the required business functionality.
- Introduces solutions that grow the bottom line and/or speed time to market.
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes.
- Provides leadership, oversight, governance and strategic direction related to the infrastructure services that are required to enable the delivery of IT services.
- Develops technical solutions (included high/low level technical designs, specifications, and technology evaluations) using approved methodology.
- Works with the enterprise architect to support alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Development of new database tables, stored procedure, complex queries and deployment scripts.
- Identifies risks and issues for the Application Architect and provides input into a project’s initiation, planning, status tracking, identification of risks and issues
- Communicates to the Application Architect and clarifies database related issues during the integration and testing phases of the project.
- Provide technical leadership to multiple project teams both on-shore and off-shore to implement database modifications in support of our application enhancement projects. Part of this work is reviewing code and suggesting changes to increase application efficiency by reviewing and optimizing code and improving database design features
- Taking ownership and working to resolve and diagnose database issues at the hotels.
- Subject matter expert for application related issues, application issues that may be linked to interaction with the application server, and other possible system issues.
- Application technical expert and possible point of contact for installations and upgrades.
- Reviews project requests with Application Architect, Development lead, PMO Lead, and Security teams.
- Assists Application Architect and Business Analysts with developing requirements to review functional requirements.
- Facilitates requirements gathering and clarification with other IT areas (Middleware, Network, QA, etc.)
- Serves as an escalation point for application related changes from Project teams. Escalates to the IT Business Relationship Manager, as needed.
- Serves as an escalation point for application requirements clarification relating to defects, enhancements and projects. Escalates to IT Business Relationship Manager, as needed.
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects.
- Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
- Ensuring compliance and assisting with database vendor license agreement
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure teams for deployment and production support activities
- Follows all defined IR standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Follows the defined project management standards and processes
- Supports governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
- Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
- Contacting vendors for technical support
- Ability to coordinate technical activities with various Marriott Development, IT and 3rd party teams.
- Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
- Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Monitors Service Provider outcomes
- Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
- Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients