Groups & Leisure Desk Team Manager - Global Sales Organization
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19151540
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Frankfurt GSO, Frankfurter Strasse 10-14, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
• Manage all direct reports to support the Global Sales Organization through effective evaluation, response, coordination and closure of sales opportunities.
• Regular 1-2-1 meetings will all direct reports
• Monthly Team meetings
• Weekly Pow-wow meetings
• Weekly reporting
• Recruitment & interviewing
• Evaluating processes, look at best practices and suggest changes when applicable
• When required, evaluate, qualify and respond to leads in a professional and timely manner. Majority of communication will be via telephone, email and internal sourcing systems. During the inquiry process act as the liaison between the customer and hotel(s) to present rate proposals, maximize or convert potential bookings, and close the sale. Generate contracts to finalize sales transactions . Ensure business is transitioned to designated property appropriately and in a timely manner for proper service.
• Participate in project and executing activities that support strategic account management and team-based sales models.
• Join sales managers on sales calls, as appropriate.
• Provide reporting support, and/or general administrative support, as needed.
• Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFAWEb / ISAC and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting.
• Assist with the closing of business opportunities to ensure team and departmental goals are met.
• Generate and organize sales reports utilizing internal data systems (e.g. SFAWeblCl/TY, ISAC).
• Support operating budgets and venue targets to support the GSO business plan.
• Monitor and evaluate GSO office processes and procedures; recommend improvements as necessary.
• Use standard software applications such as MS Office, SFAWeblCl/TY, ISAC etc.
• Act decisively to recover from mistakes. Know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader.
• Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Contributing to Teams
• Navigate the Ml organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging relationships and knowledge.
• Identify and cultivate relationsh ips with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
• Work effectively in a virtual team-based environment.
• Provide supervision and promote accountability to drive superior business results to achieve and/or exceed established goals.
• Collaborate with management to develop and execute ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance.
• Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team members; ensure recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
• Ensure self and direct reports attend appropriate core training classes.
• Interview and hire team members with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Administer the performance appraisal process for direct report managers. Develop business goals and create appropriate development plans. Assist associates based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Actively solicit associate feedback, utilize an "open door" policy and review associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns. Ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably. Constantly strive to improve associate retention. Bring issues to the attention of Human Resources and department leader as necessary.
• Prepare, edit and proofread written documents (e.g. daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports, etc.) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications.
• Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind.
• Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and programs that will enhance team productivity and/or business results.
• Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management plus a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a related field; OR a minimum of 4 years experience in Sales and Marketing, Guest Services, Front Desk or related field, required.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• The role is based at the Global Sales Office in Eschborn/Germany
• Must be fluent in German and English