Destination Media Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19149655
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Americas Brand Marketing Digit, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Destination Media Manager is responsible for developing media strategy and facilitating media planning and buying through Marriott’s agency of record to execute promotional campaigns at the Destination level on behalf of the Americas Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) Field Marketing (FM) team. Individual must have Paid Media expertise and be a self-starter looking to create efficient processes supporting our FM Destination Marketing Managers and their respective Destination media needs. Analytical mindset needed to monitor campaign KPIs and recommend campaign optimization to drive maximum return on ad spend (ROAS).
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing, or related major preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in a similar role, previous focus on digital marketing preferred with understanding of hotel destination media marketing.
• 2+ years managerial experience.
• MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
• Prior experience in the field of marketing or marketing services support, digital marketing and social media experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred.
• Quick learner with ability to gain a solid understanding of existing Destination media distribution channels and sales tools, while maintaining pulse on what is new and next in digital media strategy.
• Strong customer service orientation is required; prior experience or knowledge of ad exchanges and demand-side platforms (DSPs), digital media and online distribution.
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Organized, detail-oriented and deadline sensitive; takes initiative and anticipates needs.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Aligns closely with the Director of Media, BMD Americas on overall Destination media strategies for bundled and promotional media campaigns and opportunities.
• Manages the destination media briefing process and aligns closely with regional promotions and campaign management account managers for campaign execution.
• Supports strategy and execution of Americas Destination paid media campaigns, working directly with agency when applicable; monitors destination or property level media plans that are executed by the agency; serves as a billing liaison.
• Manages agency relationships to verify processes are followed, deadlines are met and expectations are managed.
• Completed trend/performance analysis for promotional campaigns to measure success and establish best practices.
• Leverages opportunities regarding partner testing, budget optimization, channel optimization, new media partner identification, etc.
• Responsible for “owning” destination media and applicable audience segmentation based on campaign objectives.
• Harmonizes strategies across all brands and platforms pertinent to Starwood and Marriott legacy portfolios, following all rules of the road through integration.
• Aligns with global and Americas media strategies to verify destination campaigns complement rather than compete with existing or pending media efforts.
• Verifies campaigns are tagged to redirect to appropriate destination landing pages and media performance tracking is set-up accurately and quality controlled.
• Works with Destination Marketing Managers to regularly curate Destination marketing solutions in the market, cluster, divisional, or property-specific areas.
• Serves as the top line lead for revenue generation through paid media; contributes to sales strategy.
• Builds successful relationships with key stakeholders and supports field communication pertaining to destination media best practices and opportunities through approved FM tools and channels.
• Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
• Responds to ad-hoc requests.