Manager - Financial Analysis & Business Support
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19149019
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the Americas Asset Management & Analysis team the Manager, Business Analysis will play an integral role in providing financial analysis support that enables Americas leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value. She/he will provide analytical support to Asset Management, Development Asset Management, Development and other Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on key valuation issues for the Continent including: evaluation of potential new hotel development projects; evaluation of workout resolutions at existing hotels; analyzing profit and growth objectives as reflected in budgets and long range plans; select database modeling support; providing return on investment analysis to assess Continent business initiatives; and direct leadership of select transactional and/or workout efforts.
- Support the evaluation of potential new hotel development projects by accurately preparing financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives. Projects will be moderate in scope.
- Support the evaluation of the financial impact of alternative proposals/ workout resolutions.
- Lead select transactional and/or workout efforts at existing hotels. Responsibilities in a lead role include, coordination of internal and external resources, evaluation and presentation of alternatives and associated financial impact to senior executives, and direct negotiation with external counterparts.
- Provide return on investment analysis on Continent initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Support development of analyses for the Continent’s Quarterly Business Review, annual budget and Long Range Plan.
- Support the evaluation of potential merger & acquisition opportunities within the Continent by accurately preparing financial analyses and valuations of proposed transactions and presenting to senior executives.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of the existing Americas Hotel Database.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling.
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital).
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills (MS Access experience a plus).
- Familiarity with financial concepts in hospitality is a plus (RevPAR, Flow-Thru, Margins).
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format).
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization.
Marriott International Manager, Business Analysis - Americas
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required.
- MBA with a concentration in Finance/Accounting, strongly preferred.
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.