Sr. Manager, Analytics & Reporting Support
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19148991
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sr. Manager, Analytics & Reporting Services will be responsible for developing and fulfilling the reporting infrastructure in support of his or her assigned disciplines (Digital and Distribution) within Marriott. The Sr. Manager will collaborate with senior team leaders and peers to understand the business need or requirements for data or information and then work to create new or modify existing reports and dashboards to deliver against those needs. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in customer data and reporting to the VP, Data Science Partner and the Director of Analytics & Reporting Services to support the work intake & prioritization process. The Sr. Manager, Analytics & Reporting may be called upon to partner with IT, the Data Domain Management & Engineering team to manage and improve existing customer data and reporting. The Sr. Manager should have a passion for how data can drive business strategy and better business decisions as well as maintain a vision for how to leverage data to tell a story.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Operations Research, Business or Math or other quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in digital analysis, marketing analysis, revenue management, financial analysis or a related technical discipline
- 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or quantitative discipline preferred
- Proficiency building end-user reports and dashboards using Tableau
- 5+ years SQL experience
- Experience with Python, PySpark, R, or SAS required
- Strong data analysis skills and experience, including querying and manipulation of large quantities of data
- Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst) or Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Digital analytics experience preferred
- Experience with cloud data platforms (AWS) is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Data modeling and software development experience is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis, business intelligence, and data mining tools is a plus
- Experience with multiple data warehouse platforms (Netezza, Oracle, DB2, Hadoop) is a plus
- Familiarity with Marriott systems (MRDW, SGI, Rewards, SFA, NGS, PMS, MARSHA, OY) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong dedication to data integrity and quality control
- Strong people and team management skills
- Initiative to solve problems as they arise
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to handle complex work with little supervision
- Proven track record for innovation and applying new technologies to solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates having business or technical backgrounds
- Ability to articulate clearly and present complex issues to associates at all organizational levels
- Supports Marriott Reporting needs by:
- Developing new reports and information processes using SAS, Cognos, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Develops or maintains scorecards to report on our system performance and drive results
- Maintaining and managing existing reporting and data processes
- Managing metadata and business processes
- Automating reporting and business processes to reduce cost and improve efficiency
- Implementing processes and procedures to improve the quality of data in Marriott systems
- Partnering with Business Analytics peers to answer business questions raised by leadership
- Creating solutions to enable self-service analysis of customer data
- Represents the CX Reporting and Analytics Team as a participant on related reporting projects and task forces as appropriate
- Participates in the intake and prioritization process for the CX Analytics and Reporting teams as a SME on specific data sets and sets of reports
- Participates in defining the data and reporting strategy for BMSC and works with IT to implement that strategy
- Performs a consultative role in working with constituent groups within the greater Marriott organization
- Anticipates present and future information needs of BMSC and determines what technologies are available to Marriott to best meet those needs
- Manages small software development projects and provides support to larger scale departmental initiatives
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate supervision
- Provides training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution
- Provides project support (requirements gathering, technical documentation, testing, training, etc.) for larger BMSC initiatives
- Supports Data Governance initiatives
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability
- Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
- Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
- Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time
- Applied Learning
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
- Planning and Organizing
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.