Human Resources Coordinator
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19143315
Job Category Administrative
Location Europe Office-UKShared Service, Cedar House, 750A Parkland Square, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
• Previous administrative/secretarial experience essential
• Previous experience as Human Resources administrator/coordinator preferred.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Previous user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent typing speed and accuracy of spelling and grammar, layout and content formation essential.
• Highly organized and efficient approach required
• Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business results
Education or Certification
• Chartered Institute of Personnel Management student or similar certification Preferred
Balanced Scorecard Results: Supports the development of strategies and executes activities to drive financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
• Recruitment: Co-ordinates and maintain the recruitment process to attract, recruit and retain a diverse Management and non-management workforce capable of providing strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to the property. Utilizes selection and career planning processes that identify the best candidates for open positions in a cost effective and efficient manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Total Compensation: Administers and maintains a total compensation structure for both Management and non-management associates that balances the needs of the business with the ability to attract and retain the best talent and rewards great performance.
• Training and Development: Supports the property training business plan to ensure the delivery of new hire orientation, service training, compliance and safety training and leadership development training to all associates.
• Associate Relations: Administers policies and procedures to ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably. Supports and embeds a culture that embraces the brand service strategy and supports the present day business environment.
• Human Resources Department: Create and sustain a work environment that embraces the brand’s culture and focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business results.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Coordinates and compiles relevant recruitment information.
• Maintains the recruitment database, including applicant response and any data input.
• To ensure that all recruits have full reference checks and that these are following up if necessary.
• Assist with any Compensation & Benefits data compilation
Training and Development
• Coordinates the administration of all Training nominations, training completion and attendance ensuring data bases are fully up to date.
• To provide support with Associate Orientation, ‘In the beginning’ training
• Assist with regular communication of all Associate Benefits on properties.
• Assist with the administration of any employment relations issue (for example Employment Tribunal preparation).
• To provide a sounding board for associates who may need to discuss personal issues, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Assist with the organization of any associate events.
• To ensure that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are complied to assist the hotel retention strategy.
Human Resources – department focus
• Assist with any process administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
• Assist, where necessary, with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
• Provide full administration support for candidate management system (I-Grasp) internet recruitment
• Support with the administration of any payroll of HR information though Oracle Needs to be extremely efficient and professionally skilled in:
• Preparing documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
• Files and forward traces a variety of documents, appointments etc..
• Updates and distributes relevant information databases as required
• Processes incoming mail.
• Maintains office supplies for the HR department.
• Takes meeting minutes as requested.
• Attends investigatory meetings and provides an administration support to HODs by taking minutes.
• Budget control: raises purchase orders, log budget transactions, process department invoices, report monthly.
• Update data on the celebratory dates/Key Management Data/Contact list etc.
• Maintains, collates and distributes all relevant activity reports.
• Responds to various requests for help and information.
• Communicates with property associates to provide information and resolve challenges on behalf of those she/he reports to.
• Coordinates and handles all related memberships and incentive enrolments and ensures they are current.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Ensure that all associate notice boards are up to date and accurate and that all necessary information is displayed.
• Complies with Marriott International and policies and procedures and local Hotel SOPs
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.