SrMgr Sales 2-Lg Group&Cater
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19142864
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, 2800 Opryland Drive, Nashville, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Handles incoming leads for large group (e.g.,100-300 room nights) and/or convention hotels. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4 years of experience selling large complex group business experience, either at a property or in a sales office.
• 4 year college degree.
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B).
• Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Responds in a timely manner to incoming large group/catering opportunities that are within the parameters of the Sales Office. Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside the Sales Office parameters.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
• Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
• Up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
• Understands and utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Follows up on opportunities uncovered by sales executives.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Leverages other Sales Office resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
• Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
• Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Handles incoming leads for large group (e.g.,100-300 room nights) and/or convention hotels.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, on-property resources) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process. Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs. Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Creates clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
• Resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of property and Sales Office leadership team as appropriate.