Director, HR Compliance
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19141452
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International’s HR Compliance department is responsible for overseeing the Company’s compliance with regulations related to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action as well as other HR Compliance-related areas. The team helps the Company mitigate risk and maintain our commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment.
This is a strategic role in which you will use your background in compliance to improve successful delivery of the program and build relationships with key stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of professionals who consult with business disciplines and market locations to prepare affirmative action plans and mid-year updates.
- Lead response and preparation of OFCCP audit submissions, including preparation of post-submission audit responses.
- Manage third-party vendor for annual and mid-year AAP preparation and audit support.
- Provide guidance to team members and vendor regarding data integrity and issue resolution.
- Serve as a subject matter expert related to OFCCP and other HR compliance related areas (e.g., applicant disability accommodation and harassment prevention training).
- Partner with talent acquisition, reporting and technology teams regarding process improvements, communication and change management strategies related to new launches and deployments.
- Stay abreast of regulatory landscape, and provide periodic regulatory updates.
- Prepare materials and facilitate training sessions for all levels of associates, including presentations to executive leadership.
- Lead required government reporting processes (VETS-4212, EEO-1 reporting, state reports).
- Lead preparation of internal reporting, including scheduled and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure company compliance with EEO-related posting/notice requirements, including career website updates.
- Lead team’s efforts to continually drive innovation with program compliance, including enhanced technology.
- You are a self-starter that is willing to roll up their sleeves to get work done as well continuously looking for opportunities to improve program delivery.
- You like analytics and working with organizations with lots of complex data
- You have experience working with government agencies
- Able to influence without authority in a matrix organization; drives ideas and effectively address issues guiding others toward the accomplishment of identified goals.
- You are a collaborator that is able to provide practical solutions, address conflict and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner, always striving to achieve a win/win resolution.
- You can quickly analyze situations and clearly articulate what needs to be done.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks in accordance with goals and to make effective use of time in an environment with multiple deadlines and goals.
- You are an excellent communicator that is able to present program topics at all levels within an organization.
- You are an exceptional business partner that is able to maintain key relationships internally as well as with external vendors/agencies.
- You are experienced with talent management and development, including managing a team of professionals on day-to-day priorities, communication, goal-setting, performance reviews, and career development.
- Able to take on other business-related projects as assigned.
- Able to travel periodically for conferences/meetings and to conduct training.
- College degree (Business, Human Resources Management or other related field) required; Advanced degree and prior consulting experience preferred.
- Minimum (7) years substantive and applicable experience working with affirmative action/OFCCP compliance.
- Strong knowledge of talent acquisition processes, applicant tracking systems and overall talent management practices.
- Stays current with human resources topics and business trends as well as compliance best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship building/management skills and experience.