Senior Manager, Finance
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19141198
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the Finance Business Partner group for Information Technology (FBP iT), the Senior Manager, Finance-Run will serve as the single finance business partner point of contact to select members of the Run leaders in Marriott’s iT team. This role provides a holistic financial view of financial performance across initiatives and ongoing support expenses across the applicable services and applications relevant to the iT leaders this senior manager supports.
The Senior Manager, Finance coordinates with and supports select stakeholders (“assigned portfolio”), including members of other finance teams, iT leaders in Plan, Build, Run, and discipline teams. She/he provides financial evaluation of iT projects, business cases, programs and initiatives, cost and recovery objectives, long-range planning, and day-to-day oversight of the financial health of the assigned application and service portfolios.
She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying profitable opportunities, anticipating challenges, devising and executing breakthrough strategies/approaches to deliver against the current and future business priorities, and engaging and partnering with senior business leaders, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
- Partner with iT Run leaders to manage the financial performance of Marriott’s iT portfolio, including strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, procurement, financial reporting and analysis.
- Partner with iT Run to analyze and manage application support expenses, liaising with the appropriate finance partners over the infrastructure areas where appropriate and needed
- Lead the finance related activities for the development and implementation of new programs, services and initiatives in iT to include developing moderately complex activity-based cost models and recovery analyses and analyses of funding approaches that are in compliance with management and franchise agreements:
- Lead the development of business cases and/or develop fully documented, accurate cost and funding models for proposed projects.
- Lead efforts to determine funding approaches/recommendations compliant with management and franchise agreements. Partner with the business and/or other internal groups to provide financial support and analysis of proposed projects. Develop an understanding of business needs and long-term impacts of project decisions to highlight potential risk for management review.
- Lead/support the development of recommendations and presentations for Program & Services Agreement Compliance (PSAC) Advisory Committee approval.
- Engage relevant Global Finance groups to operationalize new programs, services and initiatives (e.g., new department set up, development of supplemental budgets, etc.)
- Provide general ledger reports, queries, Mosaic project costs, and other data to successfully monitor and analyze project costs for assigned portfolio by utilizing cost monitoring tools and reporting and forecasting processes. Ensure that potential issues are identified early and inform project management leaders and/or escalate to VP as appropriate.
- Lead return on investment analyses on iT’s initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Support the development/enhancement of tools to provide analyses on forecasts and budgets. Provide recommendations to optimize performance and drive profitability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
- Understanding of Marriott’s management and franchise contracts
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows
throughout the organization
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
with a concentration in Finance/Accounting preferred
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters