Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19133728
Job Category Reservations
Location CEC Omaha, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a key member of the Group Sales Reporting and Analysis team, the Operations Analyst will work closely with the Managers of Group Sales Operations Analysts and Business Analysis Managers to assist with accurate and timely reporting and analysis for all transacting sales channels (Sales Office, Property Sales, Catering Sales, and Citywide Sales) and National Group Sales. Specific areas of responsibility include analysis of all business trends, staff deployment and month end, quarterly and annual analysis and critiques outlining each channel’s operational wins and opportunities. In addition, this individual will provide analytical input to the goal management and compensation processes.
In 2015, there was an initiative to centralize on-property sales and Citywide reporting to the Group Sales Operations Reporting and Analysis team. At the time the Group Sales Operations Reporting and Analysis team, provided reporting and analytical support for the eight deployed Group Sales Offices and National Group Sales. A centralized effort ensured that policies and procedures were applied at all sales units in a consistent and uniform manner. This built upon the fundamentals of the Sales Office model include 1) shifting more reactive leads to the Group Sales Offices to free property sales resources to play a more proactive role in customer relationship management, 2) redeploying off-property and on-property sales resources against high-value opportunities, 3) sharing sales resources, when appropriate, to eliminate intra-Marriott competition and duplication of effort, and 4) ensuring compensation and incentives are aligned with the needs of the hotels.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Analyze and evaluate business trends, determine applicability and modify business strategy accordingly.
- Provides key month-end analyses including Pace Revenue versus Goal, Sales Office/Property Scorecard Analysis, Market/Brand/Property Specific Trends, Funnel Management, and other reports related to Group Sales performance.
- Validates and reviews Sales Manager/Team Leader/Director/General Manager productivity data for performance reviews and quarterly compensation.
- Assists the team with annual goal setting process compiling historical data used for property goal channel splits.
- Assists the Business Analysis Manager with annual Sales Office goal spreads (by property, parameter, manager, and month).
- Works closely with the Information Services team in Omaha to build value-adding tools and enhance current tools on pinpoint reporting platform used by each transacting sales channel.
- Provides on-going operational and business analysis support to senior leadership to support strategic decision making using appropriate approaches, systems and resources.
- Identifies and surfaces best practices from existing environments and areas of opportunities to increase profitability, reduce risks, and/or improve operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in quantitative or hospitality-related discipline
- One year experience with Microsoft Office for data analysis, presentations and memos
- Knowledge of Marriott and hospitality industry
- 2 - 4 years experience in finance, lodging and/or consulting related discipline
- Consulting and project management skills highly valued
- Marriott sales, finance and/or operations analysis experience
- Experience with Marriott’s business applications including Sales Systems (e.g., SFA NGS), Productivity Systems (e.g., Reveal, ESS) and Technical Systems (e.g., CTI, IVR).
- Extensive experience in data gathering and analysis
- Strong working knowledge of Marriott sales strategy
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems. Ability to question data for validity and obtain timely closure on related issues.
- Computer Skills – Expertise with Microsoft Office for data analysis, presentations and memos. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data within Microsoft Access.
- Customer Needs – Knowledge of large group, catering and extended stay; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. Customer-service orientation including evaluation/validation of requests and prompt follow-up.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Teamwork – Skilled at promoting a cohesive team environment. Ability to work both independently and as part of an effective team.
- Building Credible Relationships - Demonstrates self-confidence and capable of building credibility among peers.
- Business Acumen: Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of Marriott’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks; identify issues, and recommend strategies and plans.
- Communication - Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate clearly and present complex issues. Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through telephonic media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Driving for Results - Skilled at setting goals for personal accomplishment; working tenaciously to meet or exceed those goals.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and work teams to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing and recommending solutions.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding of group sales processes for all brands; ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customer needs and issues that can inform sales strategies.