Market Director of F&B Operations
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19127037
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in the Operations area to support department and/ or function objectives. Generally, works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department in alignment with broader business objectives.
The Market Director of F&B Operations is responsible for overseeing Food & Beverage Operations and Quality Assurance for all hotel brands as assigned. A key responsibility is to ensure “pull through” of marketing, processes and initiatives at the property level. Specific areas of focus include operations troubleshooting, working effectively with property management teams, technical training, International Quality Assurance Program, pre-opening, hotel conversions, effective F&B concepts and marketing, and F&B financial analysis and budget achievement.
At least 5 years’ experience in Hotel Food & Beverage management/leadership roles or related professional area (restaurants, bars, catering operations etc.).
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
Leading Discipline Team:
- Food & Beverage Operations – assists hotel management teams with the successful implementation of all initiatives and programs.
- Current initiatives include Event Management Continent & Brand Standards, inclusive of Marketing Plans.
- Food and Beverage Concepts – assists property management with execution of restaurant/ bar concept to ensure concept integrity and significantly improve guest experience, revenues and profits.
- Ensures area hotels operate with respect to specific brand service programs.
- Responds to complex or ambiguous situations without losing focus of key hotel objectives.
- Works with direct reports and peers to develop and implement strategies and goals. Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep team moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to direct reports, peers, and leaders.
- New Openings/ Conversions – assists in the coordination of pre-opening, task force, 5SU and operations technical training.
- Improves business results by leveraging shared resources and processes. Also initiating revenue driving initiatives for F&B areas.
- Uses technology effectively to communicate and influence throughout the organization in a timely, high-impact manner.
- Plays role in continually developing and attracting new diverse, high-caliber talent that makes a strong positive impact on the organization.
- Provides Human Capital Planning support to hotels
- Looks outside Marriott to identify and implement innovations that improve business performance.
- Acts as the liaison for all F&B marketing related issues working closely with the APEC F&B Marketing Manager
- Assists in developing an annual F&B Marketing plan, with specific goals and budgets in line with the overall Asia Pacific marketing plan.
- Prepares working plans to achieve goals and ensures that both the Ops and F&B Marketing teams are fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Monitors activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry.
- Prepares a F&B Marketing report and presents this to leadership on monthly basis
- Conducts property visits and mentors both the F&B Ops and F&B Marketing team on implementation of various initiatives
- Compares actual achievements against goals on a regular basis and takes corrective action
- Guides opening properties on an F&B marketing program inclusive loyalty programs
- Set the direction and strategy across channels, products and benefits
- Sharing of best practices in the market
- Delivers training to the hotels
Performs other duties, as assigned and required, to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.