Manager, Talent Management Analytics & Solutions
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19123238
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As part of Marriott’s Talent Management Analytics & Solutions (TMAS) team, this position supports performance initiatives and programs that align with and nurture a high performance culture. The primary responsibility for this position involves supporting key aspects of global human capital programs with a focus on enterprise-wide performance management (PM) and human capital planning (HCP) programs. Specifically, this position supports the design and implementation of ongoing performance and human capital planning processes and tools, and will be an internal subject matter expert on the Oracle HCM Cloud Talent Management module. This position will also support communication, training, and related data reporting to support program adoption and usage by HR leaders, managers of others, and associates. This position consults and collaborates with other Centers of Expertise (COEs), such as Total Rewards and Learning & Development, as well as colleagues in regions all around the world, in order to provide an integrated talent experience for our associates and managers. Additionally, this position may often collaborate with external consultants and/or vendors as part of accomplishing their day to day responsibilities. The scope of this work crosses all 30 Marriott brands and locations across 132 countries and territories around the globe, whereever hotels are managed by Marriott International.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience required.
- At least 1 year of experience, working with Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud (HCM), required; experience with Talent Management module a plus.
- Experience in these areas preferred: performance management, human capital planning.
- Skilled with MS Office and Excel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Participates in the design, enhancement, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology-enabled performance management and human capital planning systems, working with internal team members as well as external vendor partners.
- Maintains and communicates the annual calendar for the enterprise performance management process.
- Supports increasing adoption of continuous performance management approaches.
- Serves as a key analyst for performance management and human capital planning evaluation and reporting.
- Educates HR COE and market leaders on how to maximize performance management and human capital planning tools’ reporting capabilities to evaluate trends and translate into digestible, actionable information to support decision making.
- Addresses questions and issues from HR leaders, or issues escalated from the support desk.
- Uses HR systems and tools (e.g., web applications, software, surveys) in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Develops and monitors project plans for specific performance management initiatives, escalating issues as needed to manager.
- Works with external or internal vendors to achieve timely construction and launch of new tools and proceses.
- Under direction from the manager, manages vendor activities and directs vendors with regard to project tasks.
- Collaborates on development and execution of communication, change management and sustainability plans for effective enterprise deployment and user adoption.
Contributing to Continuous Process and Tool Improvement
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and outputs and presents ideas to manager for review.
- Participates in all technology development, testing, and system evaluation.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Human Resources Reporting and Analytics - Uses Human Resources systems and data to generate reports and analyses that inform, evaluate or otherwise provide value to the business.
- Organizational Capability - Creates and executes a strategy to evaluate and adapt the structure of organizational units or jobs, as well as business processes that best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Human Resources Systems and Tools - Uses Human Resources systems and tools (e.g., web applications, software, surveys) in accordance with company standards and policies as well as industry best practices.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.