Sr Director-Global Networks Architecture and Engineering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113751
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for architecture, engineering and for the overall performance and availability of our Core Network LAN and Property environments. This role is accountable for establishing management level relationships and partnering with all business disciplines, other Marriott IT teams, outsourcing vendors and external suppliers to define network architecture and engineering standards. This position will also help to define and support service delivery standards where needed, partner with the global technology leads including our operations teams to meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across the portfolio. Reporting to the VP of Global Network, this key position is accountable to ensure overall requirements by customers and peer delivery and operations groups are met. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to: WAN network services, customer engagement centers, continental IT executives, property LAN service providers, end-user computing services delivery, hosting services, enterprise availability, server, storage, virtualization, inclusive of security/privacy, risk management and disaster and crisis management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience/certification
- 10+ years’ experience in information technology including:
- 7+ years of Information Technology infrastructure leadership experience with at least 3 at a manager level
- 4 + years of direct management of cross functional, sourced, or matrixed teams and outsourced suppliers.
- 3+ years’ experience in the implementation of Data Center networks, Access, Distribution and Core network architectures and
- Technical knowledge in Cisco Networking (emphasis on Spine & Leaf designs and ACI), Load Balancing, Firewalls, security design (Intrusion detection and prevention), DNS, NTP, Network Tools & Management
- Technical knowledge L3 Routing, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IPv6 Routing, GRE Tunnel, Route filtering, redistribution, summarizations
- Hands-on experience with the Cisco Nexus datacenter switch platforms (Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K)
- Hands-on experience with common Cisco routing and switching platforms (Catalyst 4500, 6500, ASR 1K, ISR 899G, 1100, 1921, 39XX, etc.)
- Hands-on experience designing, configuring and operating high-speed campus and enterprise networks.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams.
- 3+ years’ experience managing budgets of over $15M.
- Experience with first hop protocols such as HSRP, VRRP and GLBP.
- Experience with VLAN routing, NAT/PAT configuration, SNMP and NetFlow.
- Knowledge of Nexus Switch and data center protocol vPC, FCoE, FabricPath and OTV.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery Planning and design
- Experience working in the services sourcing and/or ITO field is highly desirable.
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Defining RTO and RPO service level agreements
- Previous integration and acquisitions experience highly preferred.
- Understanding of network infrastructure automation, instrumentation and monitoring platforms.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Develop complex global distributed infrastructure solutions residing within multiple country borders.
- Provide program management assistance and contribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs.
- Manage Network LAN solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for Marriott applications across the enterprise and property networks.
- Define and Implement an Operational Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) strategy for all Network LAN Infrastructure areas.
- Establish management level relationships and partnering with all Business disciplines and other MI teams to define IT enterprise network LAN services, meet service level requirements and serve as an escalation point to resolve service delivery and operational issues.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional Network infrastructure.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and structured processes and procedures that support a zero-fault culture.
Strategy & Planning
- Actively engages with VP of Global Network Architecture & Engineering in the creation of long-term and annual IT budgets/spending targets for the Network LAN Infrastructure area.
- Accountable for delivering enterprise network LAN technical support to meet defined service levels that are benchmarked against industry standards and metrics.
- Monitor area usage/demand of services provided by either the internal organization or outsources partners to ensure that shared services actual expenditures are in line with planned spending.
- Track actual utilization of services and reporting of supplier performance in meeting business service expectations and service levels.
- Accountable for ensuring usage / demand of LAN Service Delivery actual versus planned expenditures are monitored.
- Accountable for ensuring projected resource baselines are managed, forecasted and reconciled against actual utilization of services.
- Ensure key network LAN telecommunications technology management processes are effectively managed including: governance, operations, planning, and change management.
- Define requirements, strategy, solutions, and standards for Network LAN Infrastructure to meet business needs and adhere with enterprise architecture & security standards.
- Approve and oversees projects to implement and maintain services.
- Partner on all aspects of the technology lifecycle including requirements, product and services management, planning, procurement, installation, support and retirement in conjunction with other Infrastructure VPs, Enterprise Architecture and the business planning teams.
- Support the development of and compliance with Marriott’s enterprise architecture, engineering, and design plans.
- Ensure participation of appropriate technical expertise in technical requirements gathering and solution design phases of assigned projects.
- Continuously improve operations processes, develop and present best practices, technical concepts and technologies for innovative Network LAN solutions.
- Establish, motivate and lead a high-performance LAN engineering and architectural team; attracts, recruits, and retains key members of the department.
- Facilitate an organization and culture that creates defined career paths and advancement opportunities throughout the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining in place charge back and allocation taxonomy for all network LAN infrastructure services that indexes to the market and takes into consideration all internal Marriott costs.
- Create a compelling vision, clear direction and strategy for the team.
- Generate enthusiasm and understanding of the Department vision and how each role contributes to the achievement of that vision.
- Ensure capabilities are developed and resources are aligned to support the strategy.
- Attract, motivate, develop and retain highly skilled leaders; champion and model leadership development.
- Create and sustain a work environment that drives associate engagement and enables business success.
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place and executed to drive collaboration and alignment within the team and with the broader IT organization.
- Serve as a role model and ensure all information security leaders are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, and service providers.
- Demonstrate extensive Operational and Support experience with strong ITIL alignment Good Practices (i.e. Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Capacity Management, Release Management, Service Level Management)