Director UX Operations and Creative Management
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19108405
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Reporting to the VP, Digital User Centered Design, the Director of UX Operations and Creative Management is responsible for driving the cadence, quality, and resourcing for a diverse, global design and research team. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of a high velocity team in multiple time zones and parts of the world. The Director will conduct analysis, reporting, source vendors, ensure performance and quality of deliverable, and resource projects that help the department, and our collaborating partners, operate with ease, knowledge, and efficiency. This associate will also be responsible for light financial/accounting weekly/monthly reporting and quarterly design vendor negotiations/selection.
- 6+ years design on the product and/or agency side working in the digital space
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with global teams and managing projects in multiple time zones
- Versed in the principles of organizational management and project management
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Exceptional time management, interpersonal skills, and abilities to multi-task
- Proficiency in trafficking and resourcing across multiple teams
- Basic to moderate financial planning experience; forecasting, SOWs, recievables, accruals and balance sheets
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, while maintaining a level of corporate diligence
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Experience working in Agile or scaled Agile development methodologies; familiarity with SAFe
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of digital business landscape, Web development technologies, and user experience best practices
- Possess a positive, professional, and roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Develops the critical path calendar showing events compatible with velocity of internal and external team members and vendors
- Manages intake and output of team and effectively communicates to key stakeholders across the organization
- Continually track and report on all KPIs/OKRs and revenue/conversion metrics (UX only)
- Support successful implementation of all phases of channel projects and deliverables
- Support project execution by tracking budgets and project deliverables/milestones
- Manage vendor and internal activities
- Track performance and report on results of digital experiments and testing globally
- Works with the different teams throughout the organization in order to define/refine the project scope
- Reviews and consolidates all project scope and creative brief items developed for each project within a program or channel
- Based on an analysis of department activity and Product roadmaps, develop and recommend the most appropriate and efficient sourcing strategy for each project resourced
- Manage multiple complexity sourcing projects with the ability to multi-task and change priorities as needed
- Weekly reporting and analysis of financial operations of User-Centered Design group
Creative Leadership and Management
- Experience within a brand or eCommerce organization, preferably with experience working on projects for the hospitality industry
- Ability to influence change and develop strong interpersonal relationships with team members, and key stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Proven track record of translating consumer needs into creative and profitable business programs, products, and/or practices
- Experience leading projects to deliver against major initiatives
- Experience interpreting trends and research to design and implement innovative products and services that support brand vision
- Experience managing projects through a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various other functions and departments
- Exceptional skill in problem solving and leveraging resources to optimize capabilities
- Knowledge of design solutions with an ability to pull inspiration from a variety of input streams
Manage and conduct Human Resources activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in department (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Business Process and Analysis – Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
- IT Business Management – Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.