Revenue Manager - The Americas (OSR)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19108226
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Members of the Operations Support Resources team will be deployed to temporary assignments of varying durations (based on specific hotel needs) as directed by CLS Leadership. This job is designed to "fill the gaps" in the operations of our hotels as identified by leadership.
This job will require members of the team to travel extensively; however, relocation is not expected. The time in position requirement will follow the standard company policies. Performance will be evaluated after each assignment via an appraisal from the General Manager/Department Head of the hotel where the assignment occurred. This position is responsible for providing tactical support to stakeholders by managing inventory in the Marriott systems, such as High Performance Pricing, MARSHA, CI/TY, OneYield, etc.
- Auditing MARSHA and other systems for accuracy (post-opening)
- Entering reservations & group blocks for pre-opening hotels.
- Running reports from Marriott systems.
- Loading rates and modifying room pools in MARSHA
- Assisting in balancing the MARSHA & PMS systems.
- Manages rooms and function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits for the hotel.
- Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue.
- Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers
- Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
- Conducts analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory.
- Ensuring that technical questions relating to MARSHA, Property Management Systems are escalated to the correct support desk.
- Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
- Utilizes Marriott’s revenue management systems and tools to ensure that revenue and profit are maximized.
- Effectively communicate brand specific revenue management philosophies as they pertain to OneYield recommended strategies.
- Understands Revenue Management Inventory Services’ initiatives and philosophies.
- Loading rate offers into High Performance Pricing.
- Auditing MARSHA and other systems for accuracy.
- Facilitating Business Evaluations (BE’s), forecasting and preparing and running sales strategy meetings.
- Travel required, approximately, 10-25%
- Performs additional duties, departmental and/or total hotel related, as assigned.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, or related major.
- At least 2 years of experience in revenue management or related professional area.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent follow through
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Preferred knowledge of MARSHA related to building rate programs, implementing sell strategies, and building hotel information
- Preferred knowledge of Property Management Systems
- Preferred knowledge of Marriott’s revenue management System (OneYield v2.0)
- Preferred knowledge of CI/TY
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics, and processes
- Good understanding of brand standards, philosophies, and goals