Director, Finance PMO & Fees Revenue
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19098069
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza One, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, Continent Fees Revenue and Finance PMO is a key member of the Finance team. The position will report into the Vice President, Financial Information & Operations Analysis, Asia Pacific and will focus on leading Integration and Finance related projects and Continent Finance Change Management processes within the APAC Continent. Key responsibilities will include identify, plan and locally execute project management related initiatives that will enable a successful delivery against the strategic priorities of Marriott International. Success in this role requires strong organizational skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time. This position will work closely with other departments within Marriott’s APAC Continent, Global Finance Management teams, Area Finance Leaders, properties, as well as with senior leadership.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
Prior experience leading the planning and execution of strategic projects in Finance disciplines.
Prior experience in leading consulting company.
Hospitality related financial background would be advantageous.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensure accurate calculation, validation and reporting of APAC fee revenue:
Monthly validation of APAC Managed & Franchised properties
Monthly reporting of APAC Franchised Hotels
Monitor, measure, and report monthly fee risks & opportunities
Ensure compliance with operating agreements and US GAAP – all cycles (actual, business plan, budget, forecast):
Coordination of the Continent revenue recognition policy.
Revenue Based Fee Audit for Franchise hotels
Manage all tools & systems related to Continent fee revenue calculation, validation & reporting
Continent fee reporting tools
Continent representative from APAC & partner with FCC for Project Train
Coordinate and facilitate processes across key stakeholder groups (for e.g. Compliance, Tax team, Legal, Continent reporting team, Finance Business Partners), including form agreement language/provisions/exhibits, transaction support (including non-standard language).
Project Management & Integration Support:
Act as Finance PMO for Integration related projects:
2019 Stabilization of post RD1
2019 Productivity 2.0
2019 Project Hotstats
Tracking, Analyzing & Reporting all Finance related projects
Coordinate and facilitate Continent Finance Change Management processes across key stakeholder groups including all disciplines within APAC Continent, Continent & Global Change Management team, Area Finance Leaders, Properties
Project Management Leadership:
Provide project management and analytical support for large, complex, cross-function implementation projects. Acts as a project management leader and day-to-day project decision maker with the following responsibilities:
- Accountable to the results of the project
Provide content guidance to the project
Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide go/no-go decision
Actively participate in strategy sessions
Contribute to strategy development
Develop and drive implementation plan
Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
Establish key milestones and approval roles
Ensure timely delivery against milestones
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.