Revenue Manager, Hong Kong Revenue Cluster
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19093558
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza One, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the business, management operations, or related professional area.OR
- 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; years’ experience in the business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area required.
- Prepares forecasts of revenue, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space- 3-6-12 months, long range and budget
- Prepares and is accountable for sales strategy critiques and month-end reporting
- Prepares the sales strategy meetings with critiques, findings and recommendations
- Support preparation of budgets for transient, group and catering.
- Manages all revenue, profit, and demand data associated with rooms and function space
- Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis
- Ensure that Good Data Standards are followed and used properly
- Manage room authorizations, rates and restrictions (e.g., group ceiling maintenance, forecast book maintenance, etc.)
- Manage function space authorizations, restrictions, and rental
- Generating and Delivering Accurate and Timely Results - Generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc
- Exploring Business Opportunities - Exploring opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenging existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
- Utilize Marriott’s revenue management systems and tools to ensure that revenue and profit are maximized
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Serve as an inventory and restriction expert to person performing the business evaluation and revenue analysis functions.
- Ensure that the hotel’s sales strategies are effectively implemented in the inventory systems
- Support for weekly rooms and function space forecasts.
- Responsible for eChannel parity and relationship building with main partners / Market Managers.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Sales Application Development - Sales Application Development-Translating business context and requirements knowledge into sales application design specifications that help the business achieve sales goals; managing the implementation and maintenance of sales applications.
- Sales Implementations - Sales Implementations-Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
- Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions - Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions-Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis Sales - Opportunity Analysis-Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Sales Ability: Persuasiveness-Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.