Senior Manager, Experiential Marketing - Luxury (JW Marriott) & Classic Premium Brands (Marriott, Sheraton & Delta)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19092282
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sr Manager, Experiential Marketing, sets direction and establishes goals, in partnership with each brand’s marketing leads, for experiential marketing related strategies, manages the development and execution of all activities related to the strategic planning and execution of experiential marketing, including HALO openings, cultural events and trade events. In this position, he/she will be responsible for the content and implementation of the brand specific experiential marketing plan and programs, as well as the budgets for each of the activations.
Experiential marketing is a critical component of the overall brand marketing strategy. This individual will be the champion to ensure each brand marketing plans includes experiential marketing as a key pillar to driving the respective brand’s objectives. Further, this individual will identify regional and hotel level priorities, develop tools and resources to ensure that experiential marketing activities are executed via key stakeholders including Field Marketing Support and at the hotel level.
The SR Manager of Experiential Marketing ensures the planning and execution of experiential marketing events, manages agencies to establish concepts for events and activations, and to execute these events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major.
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Experience working with luxury brand and partnerships highly preferred.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Develops experiential marketing plans for each brand to ensure that they are firmly incorporated into the overall global marketing approach for the brand. The experiential marketing activations are designed to support the brand positioning.
- Ensures that the experiential marketing activities deliver appropriate integration into digital, social, PR activities (e.g. capture content to drive social media buzz).
- Develops, in partnership with each brand’s marketing leads, and executes appropriate goals from a buzz, social media and PR standpoint in partnership with the respective marketing disciplines.
- Plans and executes brand-level activations including the concept development for brand event, budgeting and scope development, all the way to overseeing the execution of the actual event.
- Collaborates with the respective brand marketing teams to ensure the global media strategy includes experiential partnerships, presence at relevant cultural events, etc. to drive content and buzz across paid, owned and earned media channels.
- Provides support and direction for internal experiential events (conferences, owner events, etc.)
- Works with Global Operations to ensure that appropriate public space activation toolkits are developed for the respective brand, to be activated at the hotel level. Ensures that these property activations support the overarching Experiential marketing approach for each brand.
Demonstrating Marketing Leadership and Building Relationships across Disciplines
- Provides oversight of ensuring brand voice activation at all relevant internal and external touch points, as appropriate.
- Directs execution of experiential marketing efforts, once plan and strategy alignment obtained between marketing, brand strategy and brand management.
- Maintains open and active communications with key stakeholders, seeking input as well as opportunities for synergy and integration: brand strategy, brand management, revenue management, sales, global marketing, field support, public relations, owner franchising, ecommerce, operations, law department, finance, accounting and others as appropriate.
- Manages agencies through development and execution of concepts for each activation.
- Collaborates with brand marketing and brand management to gain owner support for key activations at properties.
- Supports/participates in franchisee marketing subcommittees and on-going owner-franchisee communications (as needed).
- Manages brand experiential marketing budget while managing and providing the marketing scorecard results for each activation.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Partners with associates at all levels within Brand Marketing, Global Marketing, Digital, Brand Management, Operations, Public Relations, Sales and Continental Marketing, as well as other corporate groups to achieve the business objectives that are set forth through annual planning and/or directed by key business leaders.
- Strengthens client partnerships by applying experiential marketing insight and creative/brand acumen.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies.
- Communicates creative concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities and consumer engagement needs to develop the right ideas and approach
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
- Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
- Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
- Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.