Senior Administrative Assistant, Global Digital
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19083095
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The purpose of this role is to provide proactive administrative, event and travel planning, as well as project management support for the SVP Global Digital. This role is expected to partner with other administrative assistants within Digital and Marriott International as a whole to ensure smooth daily operation – including meeting and travel planning, proactive calendar management, and help drive overall team morale. Global Digital is a very fast-paced, highly dynamic department.
The administrative responsibilities for this role will encompass all facets of administrative support, e.g. proactive calendar management and travel planning (including international) updating organizational charts, coordinating mid-year and year end LPA’s, processing invoices, managing office space, submitting monthly updates for senior leadership, completing expense reports, payroll and work readiness, etc. The event planning responsibilities for this role will vary but include the planning, agenda creation, content delivery and execution of Global Digital meetings, monthly Executive Leadership Team Meetings, as well as various organization wide events.
The person in this
position will need to have a passion for creativity and design, problem
solving, organizational sense and savvy. Decision-making skills have to be
sharp due to the sensitivity, confidentiality and urgency of material. Positive
attitude and communication skills are critical as the role’s effectiveness will
be largely based on its ability to work within and across teams, often
international, considering multiple time zones and cultural nuances as well as
networking with key internal contacts, and coordinating efforts with external
vendors. Constant re-prioritization of
daily workload is paramount due to the nature of the Digital team and the
critical tasks that may occur unexpectedly.
• High school diploma or GED; 5+ years’ experience as an administrative assistant or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university, Hotel and Restaurant Management focus preferred.
• Hotel Operations or Event Management Experience is Preferred
- Knowledge of a full range of administrative processes typically gained through extensive years of experience
- Detailed knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of other software packages is helpful
- Be highly flexible and receptive to change – along with managing a fast paced dynamic executive calendar
- Be able to work with considerable independence and keep sensitive information confidential
- Ability to prioritize work based on immediate business needs in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills – be able to collaborate effectively with others
- Must have ability to:
- Carry out oral and written instructions
- Make decisions independently
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Prepare correspondence independently
- Must possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Schedules appointments and meetings or makes travel arrangements for department personnel, evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding pricing and logistical issues.
- Assists in planning larger scale meetings outside the office, including selecting locations, organizing rooms, food and beverage selection, conference room needs, collateral and supplies, full logistics for meetings, and other duties for the meeting, while managing to a budget
- Answers departmental telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow-up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops alternative methods to handle requests and address ambiguous issues. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow-up.
- Composes all types of correspondence or documents, many times on behalf of the supervisor. Correspondence may be directed toward outside owners, customers or senior level executives. Typically drafts correspondence under own signature.
- Identifies areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within a department. Initiates the project to develop the new policy or procedure.
- Researches questions and problems regarding departmental or administrative policies, procedures, information or services, including questions, which are complex in nature. Gathers data from multiple sources and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Reconciles departmental expense accounts as reflected on the distribution summary or operating statement; identifies discrepancies and prepares variance analyses to explain comparisons to last year's results or the current year budget. May assist in the development and forecasting of budget items.
- Processes data through an automated administrative system, such as expense reports, accounts payable, payroll and personnel data. Performs research and follow-up necessary to solve problems encountered.
- Sets priorities and establishes procedures for completing responsibilities.
- Delegate portions of work to others when appropriate.
- Resolves and determines the urgency level of conflicting priorities. Prioritizes some aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers, handled by the supervisor or handled by incumbent.
- Works with leaders on assessing needs for team meetings and offsites
- Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments and the resulting work is generally reviewed at completion. Some work may be distributed without review.
- Incumbent is responsible for setting priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. Incumbent may delegate portions of work to others. Incumbent is responsible for resolving and determining the urgency level of conflicting priorities. Incumbent is responsible for prioritizing some aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers, handled by the supervisor or handled by incumbent.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources, meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely, professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively.