PR Executive UK & Ireland
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19080919
Job Category Public Relations & Communications
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Are you looking for the next step in your PR Career? Do you love to travel? Would you be interested to work with some of the best brands in the hotel sector? If so we may have the perfect next role for you: Marriott International is looking for a Public Relations Executive to join the UK & Ireland Communications team.
The PR Executive will provide assistance and support to the Marriott International UK & Ireland Communications team with the delivery of creative campaigns to position our hotels and brands in top-tier media outlets. Hotel brands include W Hotels, Sheraton, Hotels, Moxy, Marriott Hotels, Le Meridien, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection, St. Regis and The Luxury Collection.
The PR Executive will report into the PR Manager and will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the press office through the management of key daily administrative tasks for the team and properties that are supported by the UK & Ireland Communications team.
The role will be based in the UK & Ireland Communications Office located at Sheraton Grand Park Lane, Piccadilly, London, W1J 7BX.
CORE FOCUS AREAS
- Support Annual PR Strategy. Work with the UK & Ireland PR team to support the delivery of a full-year PR strategy for our Market hotels, in collaboration with relevant Marketing and Operations teams. Support PR activities, initiatives and events when required.
- Local Hotel PR. Proactively contribute ideas to PR plans to help drive press coverage for offers and promotions, hotel and destination campaigns and partnerships for the UK & Ireland hotels.
- Press Office. Act as a point of contact for UK and Irish media enquiries, image and accommodation requests. Respond to day-to-day journalist, social influencer enquiries and accommodation requests. Maintain and develop the database of key media contacts.
- Media/ Influencer Relations. Build and cultivate good relationships with top-tier UK and Irish travel/trade, business, consumer and F&B press as well as news media and influencers. Secure regular meetings with key outlets to discuss market hotel, brand and Marriott International stories.
- Digital: Take responsibility for the PR team’s social channels, ensuring key media and influencers are followed and content is posted regularly.
- Europe Media Centre. Be responsible for the uploading of press releases and images for key hotel, brand and Marriott International stories of interest to market media.
- Newsletter. Contribute to the monthly UK & Ireland media newsletter.
- Press and Briefing Materials. Draft press releases, fact sheets, media alerts, pitches for internal and external distribution within the UK
- Crisis Communications. Assist the PR Team with issues and crisis communications, tracking and reporting coverage for the team where necessary
- Media Visits. Support the PR team with the organisation of inbound and outbound press trips. Manage administrative tasks such as booking of travel, rooms and itineraries. Maintain records and track coverage of all press trips organised by the UK & Ireland PR office. Host group press trips and hotel show rounds (London properties) for media/ influencers when relevant.
- PR Measurement & Reporting: Measure results of PR campaigns/programmes in alignment with European metrics and report out to key stakeholders.
- Photo/Film Shoots. Join media and filming show-rounds and assist with film/photo shoots to ensure that our hotels and brands are portrayed favourably.
- PR office administration and documentation. Read and review weekend newspapers on a weekly basis and share new trends with the rest of the team.Take responsibility for PR office administration and documentation, including filing newspapers and magazines and managing subscriptions.
- Billing/ Invoicing. Assist PR Director and Manager with team billing and invoicing.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 1 year experience of public relations, marketing communications and/or corporate communications experience, preferably within the travel / hospitality / lifestyle sector.
- Hotel and/or brand experience preferred.
- Experience and ability to manage the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
- University degree
- Or equivalent in Public Relations / Communications / Marketing
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism and/or lifestyle PR is preferred
- Strong command of the English language - both written & spoken
- Good writing skills – press releases, campaign reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - written & spoken
- Interest in and knowledge of traditional and online media, digital influencer relations and social media
- Interest in and knowledge of current trends within travel, food and drink, hospitality industry
- Strong team player
- Able to use initiative
- A creative thinker with an eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and get involved at all levels
- High degree of personal loyalty and integrity
- Well organised and able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Proficient MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willing to travel within UK and Ireland to hotel meetings and within Europe for media hosting opportunities after probation period
- Willing to participate in training opportunities
- Willing to host/ participate in evening and weekend media events and functions