Account Director, Global Sales, Mumbai
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001H6X
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Mumbai Area Office, 303A-304 Fulcrum B Wing Hiranandani Business Park, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Account Director, Global Sales Mumbai ,manages and provides dedicated support to a targeted portfolio of complex GSO accounts. The position builds and maintains business relationships with key buying influences in order to achieve account market share goals across all Marriott Lodging brands. The primary focus is on opportunities to increase preference and loyalty, and improve the overall buying process by emphasizing an ease of doing business with Marriott’. In the role of Account Director, Global Sales Mumbai, this position has direct accountability for strategic sales activities within their assigned accounts.
BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
The role of the Account Director, Global Sales Mumbai is to support the GSO vision and mission by leveraging Marriott’s products and services as a team leader or team member within their assigned account portfolio. By utilizing the processes of strategic account management and team-based sales, this position will be responsible for increasing Marriott’s preference, loyalty and profitable share within their assigned accounts and contribute to overall GSO success through the direct sales efforts of Revenue Generation and Value Creation.
The Account Director, Global Sales Bangalore develops Strategic Account Plans and executes activities for each account, to drive financial results, customer satisfaction and market integration in a direct sales environment. The Account Director, Global Sales Mumbai engages appropriate account team members and initiates pull-through activities in source and destination markets.
- Ability to use standard software applications, such as MS Office, Excel and Marriott International systems SFAWeb, ISAC and MarRFP.
- Interpret financial statements, e.g., P&L statements, annual reports, as appropriate, to assist in the formulation of an account plan.
- Articulates the financial benefits of a proposal as it pertains to the customer’s business objectives.
- Brings cross-functional and cross-business knowledge to bear in developing business solutions.
- Develops strategic sales plan with actionable steps to attain revenue goals.
- Expresses oneself clearly, concisely and effectively in written and verbal settings.
- Minimum 8 years experience in hospitality and travel industry sales, with emphasis on group ,business and leisure travel
- Prior experience at a hotel property in the capacity of a team leader
- Prior experience in Group Intermediary, Corporate and Travel Management Company account management
- Experience in GDS, electronic reservations systems and transient reservations process
- Experience with group sales process
· Demonstrates self confidence, high energy and enthusiasm
· Professional appearance and manner
· Advance problem solving and analytical skills and shows confidence in decision making
· Strong presentation skills with ability to present ideas, expectations and information in a concise well -organized manner
· Team player and coach with exceptional communication skills
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to engage with account’s preferred strategic suppliers (e.g., channel partners, intermediaries, travel management companies) to collaborate and strengthen the overall relationship, and to ensure that key deliverables satisfy the end user.
• Ability to use standard software applications, such as MSOffice, SFA, Isac etc.
• Acts decisively to recover from mistakes; knows how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve leader.
• Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
• Approaches opportunities with curiosity and open-mindedness; displays creativity and innovation. Crafts offers that leverage and capitalize on cross-organizational strengths that demonstrate value beyond just the product or service being sold.
• Can effectively articulate the financial benefits of a proposal as it pertains to the customer’s business objectives.
• Collects and analyzes key information about the customer’s business and/or operation.
• Delivers clear, evenly paced presentations and tailors message to appropriate audience.
• Delivers on commitments to customers, supervisors and peers.
• Develops opportunity sales plan with actionable steps to attain revenue goals. Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
• Displays leadership in understanding the agendas and perspectives of others.
• Expresses oneself clearly, concisely and effectively in written and verbal settings.
• Expresses self well in groups and in one-on-one conversations.
• Gains the confidence and trust of others through their own authenticity and ethical standards.
• Generates enthusiasm for ideas; wins support from others; negotiates persuasively.
• Identifies cultural influences that impact account relationships and deliverables.
• Identifies and acts on near term sales opportunities and forecast longer term sales opportunities, in alignment with Marriott’s business needs.
• Is adept at marshalling people resources when “influencing without authority.”
• Keeps up-to-date on, and leverages available resources to meet the objectives of Marriott/Account initiatives.
• Knows the strengths and weaknesses of competitors; leverages strengths and counters competitive threats.
• Listens patiently and carefully to input; clarifies others’ points of view; listens well in a group setting.
• Negotiates terms and conditions, commitments, and customer issues that balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business.
• Shares credit with others.
• Uses understanding of customer’s organizational structure to enhance account management.
• Works effectively leading and participating in a ‘virtual’ team-based environment
Education or Certification
• Qualification in hospitality management, business administration or a related field strongly preferred
• MBA is preferred not mandatory
• English language written and spoken.
Develops account strategies and executes activities to drive financial results, customer satisfaction and market integration in a direct sales environment.
· Account Management: Focuses on building a strong, sustainable relationship within GSO account portfolio. Maximizes profitable market share for all Marriott brands through concentrated effort on the ease of doing business.
· Revenue Generation: Works with Revenue Management, Market, Region and Property to ensure proper pricing and maximization of account revenue potential.
· Value Creation: Leverages the attributes of Marriott Intl. to create effective solutions that the account considers to be of high value. Builds distinct competitive advantage (preference and loyalty) and decrease price sensitivity through effective implementation of value and solution offerings.
· Customer Preference & Loyalty: Validates knowledge of account and client needs through regular satisfaction assessment. Develops and/or supports solutions to alleviate customer issues/concerns.
· Market Integration & Leadership: Leads or participates in effective account teams around each account, including all relevant members from high revenue/high potential source and destination markets. Reduces vulnerability of account partnership by developing relationships with key buying influences. Develops a trusting and respectful business relationship with internal constituents by meeting or exceeding account management expectations.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Accurate qualification of potential accounts; re-qualification of existing accounts.
Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information on each account. This includes a thorough understanding of the account’s needs, history, plans, issues, organizational structure, strategies, existing business alliances and key competitors.
Interprets financial statements, e.g., P&L statements, annual reports, as appropriate, to assist in the formulation of an “account” proposal.
Maintains account information in SFA to ensure accurate and up-to-date account reporting.
Manages all resources within budgeted guidelines.
Proactively develop goals and objectives to support the strategic account plan.
Represents all brands of Marriott Lodging.
Responsible for proactive account or segment sales.
Supports data gathering, reporting & tracking functions.
Identifies, develops, initiates and manages opportunities based on their fit with broader strategic account initiatives.
Identifies key purchase points and decision-makers that influence the “buy” decision.
Networks account teams to maximize coverage of key contacts and revenue streams.
Partners with HQ support for annual pricing process, requests for pricing (RFPs) and related maintenance activity.
Relates customer needs to product capabilities.
Routinely quantifies the business impact to both the customer and Marriott.
Works with Revenue Management to support account strategy in-market.
Anticipates and quickly seizes opportunities not obvious to others to build customer satisfaction.
Brings cross-functional and cross-business knowledge to bear in developing business solutions.
Delivers value-added products and services to create long term customer loyalty.
Establishes and maintains relationships with key buying influences by developing and delivering ‘ease of doing business’ solutions that create and provide unique value and positioning.
Positions self as “Subject Matter Expert” in terms of customer or account activity, business segment activity or market/region activity.
Pursues initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities, and to counter competitive threats
Customer Preference & Loyalty
Conducts information-oriented sessions at each level of influence within the account or customer base in order to foster and maintain commitment to Marriott as a strategic supplier/partner.
Counsels internal stakeholders on optimal negotiating stance.
Delivers value-added products and services to create long term customer preference and loyalty.
Delivers on commitments to customers.
Focuses on two-way communication to ensure win-win relationship is maintained.
Proactively seeks feedback from customers using resources and tools of GSO.
Uses knowledge of Marriott’s operations, its markets and competitors to promote dialogue and enrich customer interactions.
Market Integration & Leadership
Assists people from diverse cultures and backgrounds to effectively contribute and succeed in the account team.
Demonstrates benefits of total account management and team-based sales.
Ensures that account sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
Facilitates educational opportunities that enhance credibility and integration between GSO and internal stakeholders.
Identifies and cultivates relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
Participates in professional and industry organizations (e.g., SAMA, ACTE, PCMA, MPI, ICE, etc).
Participates with account team in market pull-through activity.
Provides opportunities for communicating account needs throughout organization.
Supports ‘in-market’ needs of properties in a given regional area.
Utilizes account team for Best Practice sharing and problem solving.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.