Senior Manager, Brand Management, Luxury - Europe
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001EMO
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, Brand Management, Luxury – Europe is responsible for the strategic planning and pull-through of luxury brand programming and initiatives for Marriott International’s luxury brands in Europe. This role covers all Brand Management responsibilities within the Europe Luxury Brands team, working as a key liaison and driving collaboration between Brand, Continent Operations (CLS) and other critical functions, supporting 90 luxury hotels in piloting and bringing the branded guest experience to life on property. The desired candidate will be a passionate brand expert & advocate with luxury hotel operations experience, particularly in operationalising and executing branded guest experiences on property.
This Senior Manager will partner closely with Brand Management leaders on the global luxury brand teams to act as a voice for the Europe Continent in the discussions around existing and new guest experience programmes, the roll-out of new service & culture initiatives, new brand positioning and in supporting the development of pilots and rollouts in Europe. This role will play an integral part in educating and engaging new hotel teams as part of the opening / on-boarding process to ensure teams deliver an on-brand experience from the moment the hotels open. This person will be a subject matter expert and point of contact for our luxury hotels with regard to questions related to luxury brand standards and initiatives, in collaboration with our Operations teams.
Responsible for the brand management and luxury guest experience programmes, projects, other elements of the Luxury Brands plans, including:
Key project liaison to ensure alignment and integration across key European stakeholders on programmes such as service & culture roll-outs, new brand positioning, pilots, new visual ID, etc.
Liaison and facilitator between the Europe & Global Brand teams and with the Europe Operations teams. This role collaborates in particular with Continent Lodging Service (CLS) and the luxury Area Directors of Operations as well as our Global Brand Management counterparts.
Managing Projects and Priorities
- Develops with Senior Director and VP Luxury Brands, specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for the luxury brands in Europe.
- Provides brand support and partnership to Continent Operations (CLS) teams on brand standards and programming.
- Acts as key point of contact for the Global Brand Management leads in HQ.
- Acts as a key liaison between Brand and Operations to support alignment and integration between the functions on branded guest experience, service and culture work and pilots.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule (for example, new amenity programmes and branded guest experience initiatives).
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new plans or programmes. Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of the teams’ operations.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programmes.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Brand Management, Activation, & Planning
- Partners with key Continent and Global stakeholders on halo openings, conversions and focus hotels within the luxury brand portfolio.
- Educates & communicates on brand strategy, positioning, voice, strategic pillars and competitive environment.
- Educates/communicates insights relevant to the consumer journey and guest experience.
- Acts as an advocate for the luxury brands in the Continent
Brand Performance & Development
- Monitors brand performance and develops appropriate actions in collaboration with Continent Operations and relevant cross-functional teams to achieve the brand and Continent objectives.
- Supports the effective pull-through and localization of new brand initiatives in Europe, in partnership with Continent Operations.
- Partners with Operations, Area teams and other market resources to provide regular brand management updates.
Operations & Culture
- Collaborates with Global Brand and Continent Operations on brand pilots (proof of concepts) in the Continent; provides brand feedback and support.
Supports major branded service and culture programmes in collaboration with Global Brand, Continent Operations and Learning & Development.
- Supports all brand management efforts related to new brand positioning as it relates to the consumer journey and guest experience.
- Supports new brand visual identity roll-outs and amenity programmes requiring brand input / feedback.
- Works with luxury brand managers and Continent Operations on regular brand communications with the field and hotels.
- Works closely with our luxury hotels and Continent Operations to support on-brand implementation of brand operating
- Provides support on all new hotel openings up to and including the “Countdown” process in collaboration with Continent Operations, the Luxury Openings team and Area Directors of Operations to ensure all branded elements of luxury openings, opening countdown, brand support etc. are executed on-strategy. Provides support to Luxury Openings teams to ensure critical path milestones related to the branded guest experience for openings and conversions are met and maintained.
- Provides support to Focus Hotels as designated by the Global and Continent brand teams.
Style & Design
- Provides guidance on design related aspects of experience programming (sensory experience elements, look books) and engages with Continent Operations and hotels to execute.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- On property hotel experience is required.
- Prior Luxury brand management experience highly preferred.
- Passionate about brands, especially luxury and lifestyle brands.
- Candidate will have a keen understanding of drivers of guest satisfaction and the impact driven by branded guest experiences.
- Three to five years prior experience working and managing in a team hospitality environment.
- Experience partnering with global brand management teams in a matrixed organisation is preferred.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to handle the complexities of working with multiple key stakeholders.
- Strong team player and ability to foster relationships and collaborate across disciplines (above and on property).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree preferred or qualifications in related field preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.