Apr 28, 2019Job Number
Sales and MarketingLocation
Singapore, 2 Harbourfront Place #06-08, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Global Luxury Account
Director, Singapore will be a luxury specialist and responsible for
developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key luxury accounts
and segments within the respective geographical region. The Global Luxury
Account Director is expected to meet established room night and revenue goals
as set by the Regional Director and Director Global Sales while
professionally representing Marriott Internationals luxury portfolio,
managing responsibilities that ensure a strong relationship as a liaison with
customers and each property.
Position will be located in
Education and Experience
Strong preference for
candidate with Starwood experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Able to demonstrate strong selling skills/experience
- Extensive experience ( 3+ years in International
Group Sales Experience)
- Experience in training delivery or development
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the
organization both at corporate and in the field while maintaining positive
relationships with customers (both internal and external).
- Solid sales skills with strong and ethical sales
principles and processes
- Ability to perform job function with minimal
supervision, even under pressure and as a cohesive team member
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve
problems while exercising good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with difficult
and demanding situations
- Ability to be able to maintain extensive travel
- Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of
guest and hotel data.
- Ability to enforce the company’s quality procedures
- Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all
GSO policies and procedures
- Ensure that processes meet Marriott’s standards in
terms of consistency and standardization
- Ability to manage electronic real time communication
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Strong preference for candidate who speaks English
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Manage and lead as necessary, travel opportunities
including Road shows, Tradeshows, Industry events, sales appointments and
- Proactively research and update GSO, Corporate
Office and Hotel colleagues on industry, market and account trends.
- Represents Marriott’s luxury brands where applicable
in vertical market segments.
- Develop and maintain respectful working relationship
at all levels of the organization, while working within the Marriott GSO to
ensure results and goals are achieved.
- Proactively identify opportunities to lead special
projects that drive efficiencies for the broader team.
- Lead and participate in client sales meetings.
- Provide leadership and direction to on property
Group Sales Managers to help them maximize revenue from luxury accounts
- Collaborate effectively with peers, managers, and
customers in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Ensure Strategic Account Plans focus on improving
market share, leveraging efficiencies, generating revenue
- Increase penetration of high potential accounts to
optimize demand across all luxury brands and satisfy important property
- Provide informal mentorship to less experienced
members of the GSO team.
- Build Relationships with the following
- • Internal:
Marriott GSO, On-property sales and marketing teams, Global Sales Offices and
administrative support staff.
• External: Customer/Client Base in responsible markets
- Facilitate and lead customer presentations to
accounts based upon customer needs.
- Entertain customers as appropriate to establish
and/or deepen the customer relationship to identify additional sales
- Develop communications templates/framework that can
be leveraged by other team members to drive effective conversations with
existing or prospective customers.
- Proactively facilitate communication with the
- Communicate with clients to gain full understanding
of decision making process including history, key decision factors, time
line, and decision hierarchy.
- Build and maintain good relations with relevant
Marriott’s luxury properties to better understand property-specific needs and
identify relevant business opportunities.
- Maintain strong and collaborative working
relationships with all members of Global Sales Organization.
- Promote positive relations and teamwork with all
members of the GSO.
- Promote the financial success of Marriott
International by ensuring all bookings and interactions support long-term
- Maintain complete knowledge of Marriott’s luxury
portfolio; develop a complete and thorough knowledge of basic hotel capabilities
related to numbers of rooms and Unique Selling Points.
- Leverage customer knowledge to proactively
anticipate sales opportunities and solutions on behalf of the customer.
- Anticipate and respond to all customer needs within
a timely manner.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the
- Comply with all Global Sales Offices policies and
- Field and prioritize all incoming group inquiries
and opportunities, analyze the capabilities of the request and manage
distribution of these inquiries to appropriate hotel (s)
- Proactively facilitate communication with the
- Evaluate leads and offer comparable alternative
Marriott luxury locations where applicable
- Ensure all assigned accounts are aware of
new-openings and up-coming locations
- Facilitate, present and manage multi-year and
- Develop library of Standardized Agreements and
Addendums. Understand these agreements to effectively communicate with
customers and colleagues when applicable and in collaboration with GSO
- Organize familiarization trips, in conjunction with
Agencies, Tourist Boards and Airlines.
- Research and implement creative/effective methods to
- Develop comprehensive understanding of all electronic
RFP programs (where applicable), while assisting properties in executing
- Manage Group Road shows, Individual and joint sales
appointments and entertainment events within assigned territories.
- Address incoming phone calls, emails and requests in
a timely manner.
- Manage Sales Coordinator with employee performance
reviews on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the Coordinators and GSO team are aware
of the Group market, its opportunities and potential.
- Identify opportunities to mentor/coach peers and new
sales managers on a formal or informal basis.
- Participate in selection of new talent, as
- Develop and maintain computerized file databases of
all customer and account history.
- Maintain the reporting mechanism to continuously
educate property Group Sales Manages on the updated status of account.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems
Builds strong working relationships.
Shares thoughts and feedback in a professional
Considers how own behavior impacts others.
Explains work in a way that encourages
cooperation from others.
Shows an understanding of customer/stakeholder
Listens and responds to customers/stakeholders
Builds rapport and trust with
customers/stakeholders to promote loyalty.
Anticipates and quickly responds to
customer/stakeholder requests or issues.
Explains policies in a way that helps
Helps others feel valued and included.
Works well with others regardless of their
background or characteristics.
Models the Company culture of service,
opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
Acts when others are treated unfairly or are
not valued and respected for their unique skills.
Listens to and acknowledges different ideas and
Talent and Organizational Capability
Shows an understanding of how each role on the
team contributes to the work.
Shows an understanding of goals, processes, and
reporting relationships within the department.
Understands scope of own decision‐making authority.
Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive
Shows an understanding of performance
Works with manager to set and prioritize
Builds relationships to attract top talent.
Participates in the hiring process and helps
with on‐boarding new associates.
Stays calm and focused during stressful
Asks questions to understand why change is
Uses resources to help deal with change or
and Professional Demeanor
Expresses ideas in a clear and concise way.
Actively listens and responds to others with
Appropriately interprets verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
Displays professionalism and gains respect from
Solving and Decision Making
Recognizes issues and makes suggestions to
solve problems related to daily work.
Breaks complex issues into manageable parts.
Asks questions and gathers information before
making a decision.
Identifies and considers alternatives and their
possible impact before making decisions.
Makes decisions and takes action in a
reasonable amount of time.
and Applying Professional Expertise
Sets career goals and identifies areas for
Uses available resources and challenging
assignments to improve performance.
Shares own learnings and best practices with
Completes assigned training on time.
Shows an understanding of how own work impacts
Company and department performance.
Shows an understanding of the drivers of
Company and department performance.
Identifies innovative ways to improve productivity
and associate and customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
Performs technical and complex tasks and solves
problems within area of expertise.
Models technical excellence and communicates
the benefits of specific techniques in area of expertise.
Uses appropriate facilities, equipment, and
materials to perform the job.
Follows current policies, procedures, and legal
and Contributing to Teams
Works with team members to meet shared goals.
Shows an understanding of how the team
contributes to broader success.
Shares with team members information needed to
Tells other team members when they are doing a
Takes responsibility for being innovative and delivering
work that exceeds requirements.
Learns from mistakes.
Participates in setting goals for the team or
Looks ahead and lets manager know about
possible challenges in completing assigned work.
Keeps track of own current and future workload
to make sure everything is completed on time.
Prioritizes own activities and makes
adjustments when appropriate.
Asks for and uses available resources to
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.