Manager Digital Product Optimisation, Europe
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190015TR
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Manager - Digital Product Optimisation Europe, reporting to the Senior Director – Digital and Performance Marketing Europe will be primarily responsible for the optimisation of Europe’s digital products, such as High Performing Website (HWS), High Performing Website Elevated, Independent Restaurant Site (IRS) and Independent Outlet Site products amongst others. This role will require an expert communicator with a sound knowledge of digital platform systems and optimisation strategies, tools and techniques and the ability to influence fellow Associates (in many cases to their senior over which they have no direct authority) to ensure the needs of the continent are pushed through and addressed.
The Manager – Digital Product Optimisation will work closely with various stakeholders within the field – such as Area Directors of Marketing, Digital Field Marketers, Franchise Services, Marriott Digital Services and in some cases individual hotels to understand specific website (technical or design), localisation or language challenges and ensure these are addressed by the Global Digital team at Marriott Headquarters in the United States. Developing strong working relationships with the Global Digital team and stakeholders within the field will be critical to this role, along with the ability to plan effectively and to regularly communicate updates and progress against key development milestones to the Senior Director and back into the Continent.
The role will require strong data and analytics capabilities, working closely with the European Digital, Loyalty & Portfolio Marketing Analytics team to understand and clearly communicate the impact and severity of issues in order to drive resolution along with reporting the impact of fixes, new functionality or design improvements. Data will also be used to support and prioritise continent driven optimisation efforts in order to ensure these are factored into the global roadmap, to support the case for direct continental access to global systems such as content management systems and optimisation tools and to ensure all activity is in line with business goals.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Form strong working relationships with Global and Continental stakeholders
• Work with area teams to collate Continental issues/challenges and opportunities
• Feed requirements backed by data into relevant global teams and track progress
• Accountable for resolution delivery of Continental requirements
• Partner with Global teams to ensure that Europe is ready as the Continent of choice for Global innovation pilots
• Develop a regular communications cadence with European field stakeholders around delivery against the HWS roadmap, resolution status and specific ad-hock requirements
• Champion localisation, local language nuances and country specific legal/regulatory requirements
• Work closely with Europe Digital Merchandising team to ensure alignment
• Regularly feedback to the Senior Director Digital & Performance Marketing - Europe, Director Digital Platforms – Europe and wider Europe DLP team
• Foster good working relationships with counterparts in other Continent teams to regularly share results and ideas
• Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
• Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
• Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
• Encourages others to work together.
• Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
• Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
• Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
• Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
• Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
• Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
• Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
• Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
• Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
• Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
• Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
• Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
• Continuously improves work processes.
• Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
• Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
• Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
• Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
• Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
• Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
• Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
• Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
• Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
• Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
• Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
• Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
• Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
• Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
• Adapts communication style based on the audience.
• Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
• Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
• Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
• Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
• Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
• Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
• Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
Education and Experience Preferred
• Relevant professional experience in digital marketing and optimisation across multiple devices, content management or related functions, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
• Strong stakeholder management
• Solid agency management experience
• Strong data and analytics skills
• Experience and understanding of optimisation tools, A/B/Multi-variant testing and session monitoring
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred
• Fluency of English essential and strong European foreign language skills preferred
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
• Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
• Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
• Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
• Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
• Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
• Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
• Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
• Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
• Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
• Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
• Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
• Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
• Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
• Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
Building and Contributing to Teams
• Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
• Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
• Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
• Manages disagreements among team members.
• Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
Driving for Results
• Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
• Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
• Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
• Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
• Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
Planning and Organizing
• Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
• Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
• Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
• Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.