Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190014JF
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Central Park Towers Level 12, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
• Effectively maintains the operation of the Finance Business Support department to execute finance and accounting responsibilities for the Continent office. Provides strong technical expertise and direction to support the Continent Leadership Team on a day to day basis by ensuring compliance with Marriott International Policies as well as International and Local Standard Operating Procedures (MIPs, ISOPs and LSOPs).
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration related.
• Ideally minimum 2 years of Accounting experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Works with IT, BMSC and other business disciplines to assist with the budgeting, forecasting, reporting and financial analysis.
• Assists in monitoring of IT programs and services and costs initiatives to ensure compliance with funding and cost allocation methodologies.
• Prepares manual Invoice as needed and ensures billing to the hotels are accurately submitted and reported.
• Assists in monitoring of the operating statements, their accuracy and deliver to appropriate discipline monthly.
• Ensures charge-outs to properties are accurate and uploads into the OFB system are according to Marriott standards.
• Working with various disciplines in setting up accounting processes as needed.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by the manager.
• Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs )
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to costs and are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
• Advises Manager/Director of Finance on existing and evolving financial issues.
• Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets and to improve operations.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
• Maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
• Represents team in all interactions.
• Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.