Payrolled Flex Staff (NE) Temporary Sales & Catering Support Analyst
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190014GJ
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This is a temporary position.
Facilitates the entire call resolution process from initial contact (call, email, or chat) to resolution for a supported Marriott business application (CI/TY, SFAWeb/OneSource, and MSA). This includes basic network connectivity and troubleshooting. Other Marriott standards may also be required to support. Resolves contact requests independently. Escalates issues, as needed, to appropriate Marriott business units and Service Providers and documents all requests using established procedures. Works under general supervision to complete routine tasks. Completes projects or additional assignments as requested by the Support Manager The Help Desk operates 24x7x365.
Education and Experience
• 1-2 years’ experience in business application support in a call center environment, customer service or hospitality industry.
• High school diploma
• BS/BA from accredited University or College
• Professional Certifications to include: ITSM, PM, HDI
• Core working knowledge of Marriott’s primary business applications and systems
• Established work history of strong customer service
• Ability to effectively facilitate complaint resolutions
• General knowledge of Marriott business functions and Marriott business processes
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Skilled at listening and persuading
• Experienced in supporting change management efforts
• Strong team orientation
• Experience using a Knowledge Management product
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016 products, Internet Explorer 11 or Edge and general desktop / laptop troubleshooting.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Initiates escalation as appropriate to facilitate management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented service level agreements
• Provides level 1 and additional problem determination and support for specific Marriott supported applications using documented procedures and available tools
• Functions as the customer advocate for Marriott business applications
• Determines and assigns priorities for incidents
• Determines appropriate escalation to Marriott business units or Service Providers
• Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
• Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
• Assists other analysts as necessary with support issues and escalations.
• Allocates own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups
• Participants in team training when appropriate
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Technical Specialization — basic understanding of the major technologies in an area of specialization required to perform immediate tasks. Utilizes existing tools and environment to support tasks. Participates in technology evaluations and selections.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities include:
o Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.